Flyers/Sixers since the SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyers/Sixers since the SB

How crazy is this. Since the Eagles won the SB.

Flyers 5-0-1
    Sixers 5-0

This city has not lost any Pro game after the SB.

Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

And it continues......

Sixers pull one out of the hat. I thought the Philly streak was going to end tonight. They are 6-0 since the SB.

The Flyers are even hotter with no losses since the SB. I think they are 7-0-1.

Crazy.

Comment

AND the Drexel Dragons pull off the Greatest comeback in Hoops History. Down 34 they beat Delaware 85-83. Crazy Shit goin on Folks!
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          And it continues......

Sixers pull one out of the hat. I thought the Philly streak was going to end tonight. They are 6-0 since the SB.

The Flyers are even hotter with no losses since the SB. I think they are 7-0-1.

Crazy.
          Flyers lost to the devils ?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
            Flyers lost to the devils ?
            Actually, you are technically correct Vin. But, since they lost in OT on a freaking shootout on Feb 13, they still got a point. I was quoting news articles that now actually have them 8-0-1 in their last 9 games, with no regular time defeats.

But yeah, a loss is a loss. I just hate shootouts. But, we still have not lost a game in regular time.

FWIW, I don't like the NHL point system. You have to actually lose in regular time for it to show up as a loss in the standings. I would rather have them just go 4-on-4 in OT and then give both teams a point for a tie, like the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
              Actually, you are technically correct Vin. But, since they lost in OT on a freaking shootout on Feb 13, they still got a point. I was quoting news articles that now actually have them 8-0-1 in their last 9 games, with no regular time defeats.

But yeah, a loss is a loss. I just hate shootouts. But, we still have not lost a game in regular time.

FWIW, I don't like the NHL point system. You have to actually lose in regular time for it to show up as a loss in the standings. I would rather have them just go 4-on-4 in OT and then give both teams a point for a tie, like the old days.
              Shootouts are the most ridiculous thing that I've ever heard of. I don't believe in OT period other than maybe basketball. They had ties in sports for 60 years and it didn't seem to hurt anybody. I guess that baseball OT is alright too seeing as though the games are so boring anyway.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Technicalities aside, the bottom line is that philly sports teams are kicking some serious ass.

Comment

The Phils won't be too bad . If they add a SP they will compete with anyone
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Hits keep on coming as the Flyers beat the Senators today.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                      Hits keep on coming as the Flyers beat the Senators today.
                      and tie for 1st
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                      X