Will Someone Please Kill Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Someone Please Kill Me!

In the unlikely, but always possible, event that the Cowboys under Phillips become a dominant power again in the NFL and we are again inundated with the most vile term in all of sports (America's Team) ... I'm going to ask a REALLY BIG

favor of someone...because I hear if I kill myself, I don't get to play in the big stadium in the sky!

Re: Will Someone Please Kill Me!

It's the first pre-season game vs. a weakened Indy defense which lost its best run defender for the season and is breaking in 2 new CB.

TO was suddenly healthy for the game and Buck was there to blow all the Cowboys multiple times on the air.

It is a mirage...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

its PRESEASAON! you really think the Colts give two shits?

Comment

As much as I hate missing football, these fake phony games aren't worth watching........and I didn't.

I'll watch the birds to see how well the young guys are coming along, but even then I only watch them with a half an eye open.

These practices don't tell you anything about the real season--------unless you lose a major player or two to injury.

Comment

I didn't see the game, I'm looking at the recap on NFL.com.......

Dallas didn't pull away until the 3rd stringers were in, and Sorgi threw a pick that was returned for a TD...

Wade Phillips learned the 46 defense under Buddy Ryan (no wonder he's a player's coach but they underachieve in the postseason), but they only had two sacks, and those were in the second half. To be honest, I'm more worried about what he could do for their defense than anything else.

I've got a feeling that Wade Phillips really wants to win a couple of these preseason games. New coaches tend to do that I think, just to give the roster a shot in the arm. More-established coaches will use them as practices and not care as much about the final score. The starters were gone after the first series, I just can't take that game too seriously. Romo went 10 for 11 but they only got two field goals?
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I didn't watch much of the game either...just the first quarter. Enough to see that Romo looked pretty good, when I
            was really hoping he'd be shaky...a vestige of his playoff flub.

It wasn't last night's Colts/Turds game itself nearly as much as it was that it capped off a couple of days of generally bad news
            as far as the Birds go...mostly re: injuries of undetermined seriousness to key players like Andrews and Smith, plus some other
            unsettling stuff.

I'm generally an optimistic person, but when you've been a fan of Philly pro sports teams for as long as I have, you almost come to
            expect major disappointment as the natural course of events. And last night I couldn't shake the thought that..."Here we go again!"

As far as disappointment goes, the Birds NEVER having won the Ring is bad enough! And I can live with just about any other team
            winning the SB...even the very much hated Giants, whose obnoxious but knowledgeable fans surround me for 8 mo0nths a year.

But the thought that the team that embodies everything I find most vomit-worthy in sports...unbridled arrogance; an unquestioning
            sense of ENTITLEMENT; supported primarily by front-running, STUPID fans( most of whom disappear when Dallas sucks); owned by
            Jerry Jones (a man who is human only reputation); and hailing from Dallas (the pus-filled boil on the asshole that is the State of Texas, where
            sheep fucking is 2nd only to cow tipping in male pastimes)...winning AGAIN, before the Birds get their first, is almost unbearable.

OK! I feel better having gotten that off my chest!

Comment

Fuck Dallas

Comment

I could not agree with you more Tino. My hatred for the Cowboys is only eclipsed by my love for the Eagles.

Unfortunately, I live near Dallas and have to put up with the fans daily. It doesn't matter that the Eagles have dominated the series since 2000. All I every hear is "How many super bowls have you won ?".

If I could move anywhere it would be back to PA. But, my wife is from Oklahoma City and won't leave her family. And, I have the best job I could ever ask for. So, I guess having to live in Cowboy country is a relatively small price to pay.

If I could have one wish come true though, it would be for the Eagles to actually win the super bowl in the Cowboys brand new stadium in 2011. Having the Dallas area infiltrated by hordes of Eagles fans would be absolutely priceless.

Comment

Cowboys won't finish above .500 this year. Mark my words...
                  The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy like the monkey
                    I'll take that action. I see the Boys as our main competition and 10-6 or even 11-5 seems about right to me. They have a lot of talent. I don't like Wade PHillips but usually first year coaches can provide a spark, look at what New ORleans did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                      Originally posted by crazy like the monkey
                      I'll take that action. I see the Boys as our main competition and 10-6 or even 11-5 seems about right to me. They have a lot of talent. I don't like Wade PHillips but usually first year coaches can provide a spark, look at what New ORleans did last year.
                      The Turds concern me because they're probably going to have a very good defense and, as much as I'd like to see Romo fall on his jug-eared face, I'm afraid he's going to be at least "effective". Any team with a good D and and Average or better Offense will be very competitive in the NFC.

Comment

Colts are 1-10 in their last 11 pre-season games

It doesn't matter in the least

nor does any pre-season

the only part that might matter is how the backups do

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
                          Colts are 1-10 in their last 11 pre-season games

It doesn't matter in the least

nor does any pre-season

the only part that might matter is how the backups do
                          I was just talking to a Colts fan today and he mentioned that the Colts always lose in preseason. I'm pretty sure that two years ago when they started 13-0 and threatened to go undefeated they had lost every preseason game. Part of it's the residue of how the team is built: they pay top dollar for superstar talent and struggle to fill out the roster with little depth. (It's kind of like the Redskins, only it works because they players they pay are actually stars.)

Comment

Working...
                          X