Patterson: 6+ sacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patterson: 6+ sacks

Most know of my respect for Patterson's game, approach, talent and character...I like him a lot as a player and have enjoyed watching him develop in this system.

I am predicting 6+ sacks for him this season...he had 3.5 and 44 tackles in his rookie year and then only had 1.5 last year with 52 tackles.

I think last year he clearly got worn down after Kearse went out and with Howard & Bunkley struggling...the rotation was reduced and he saw too many snaps.

That said, I do believe if we can stay healthy on the DL this year he will take another step and produce at a high level more consistently then the flashes of the last two years...

Thoughts?
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

If you are asking for an over/uner and you say >6, I say under. It's rare for DTs to rack up sacks and with our rotation, I think he'll be hard pressed to get over 6. I think he'll bounce back with a decent campaign but I don't think we'll necessarily see it in the sack total.

Comment

How about for team defense then?
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
        If you are asking for an over/uner and you say >6, I say under. It's rare for DTs to rack up sacks and with our rotation, I think he'll be hard pressed to get over 6. I think he'll bounce back with a decent campaign but I don't think we'll necessarily see it in the sack total.
        Ditto, FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
          Ditto, FWIW.
          Make that 3.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

4. Meaning 4 thinking <6, not 4 sacks. I actually think <4, but that would be 1 at <4 since I can't speak for the other 3 at <6.

Comment

Good points all...

AToney...that was deep, man...good and deep.

I would say a team defense sack number near 50...

-Andy Reid

Comment

I heard that Patterson worked out so hard this off-season that he's now 6'-4"

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis

I heard he is in the best shape of his life...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Probably put on 20# of muscle.
                    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

On the other hand looking at 6 as the magic number, these were our DT Sack results since 2000

2000 Simon 9.5
                      2001 Simon 7.5
                      2002 Walker 7.5
                      2003 Simon 7.5, Walker 6.0
                      2004 Rayburn 6.0
                      2005 -----
                      2006 -----

Patterson, Bunkley and Ramsey are our best hopes to regenerate a consistent sack threat. Is it really too much too expect them to measure up to Simon, Walker and Rayburn?

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas

Spads said even before the minicamp that Patterson along with Jeremy Bloom, LaJuan Ramsey, Matt Schobel, Sean Considine, Quentin Mikell, Will James, Matt McCoy, Correll Buckhalter, Hank Baskett, Jason Avant, Joselio Hanson, Bill Sampy, JJ Outlaw, Junior Tautalatasi, Louie Giammona and Reno Mahe watching from Chickie's & Pete's are the most improved of the bunch

Comment

Spads said even before the minicamp that Patterson along with Jeremy Bloom, LaJuan Ramsey, Matt Schobel, Sean Considine, Quentin Mikell, Will James, Matt McCoy, Correll Buckhalter, Hank Baskett, Jason Avant, Joselio Hanson, Bill Sampy, JJ Outlaw, Junior Tautalatasi, Louie Giammona and Reno Mahe watching from Chickie's & Pete's are the most improved of the bunch
                          I'm not so sure that Louie Giammona is in the best shape of his life. But hell, I wouldn't mind a tryout with the Eagles at SS so maybe Louie is working out in his old age too. :P I would rather have Bloom add somd 5 yard per return to Louie's almost 30 year old performances. Now Tautalatasi is another story and he is only 2 decades removed from action so he has a theoretical chance :P

Comment

Good points all...

AToney...that was deep, man...good and deep.

I would say a team defense sack number near 50...
                            Do you two need some alone time. :P

Sorry couldn't help myself you really set me up for the spike on that.
                            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
                              How about for team defense then?
                              I say the team defense gets well over 6 sacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X