No announcement yet.

My roster prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of thoughts.... Joe will certainly be watching and I won't be surprised to see him pick someone up. But we have a good roster so it will be hard to find someone. Two, there will be more than a few Eagles cuts that make other rosters. I don't think Thorson will be one of them so I can easily see him going to the PS. Sudfeld is going to want a chance to start sometime. If that time comes now he will take it. The question is when or if he is traded or when he is able to break free from the birds grasp. The competition to make this team as a WR is very very tight. It will come down to an intangible that fans may or may not be aware of in Ward or Hollins.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Sudfeld is a free agent at the end of this season as is McCown. So going into 2020, if they release Thorson, they would only have Carson. I really don't think the Eagles will do that. The Sudfeld injury clouded all this. I think Sudfeld is eithe traded or stashed on IR. If they need him mid season after 8 games they bring him back from IR. If not he stays there the entire year. Either way I don't see Thorson on the practice squad, if they release him he is going to get claimed or sign elsewhere. Lets not forget he played pretty darn well against Jacksonville 16/26 with a TD technically he had an INT but that was just a pure drop by Thompson sometimes stats don't tell the whole story. But I thought Thorson played well enough to see he is a potential backup QB in this league.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Let's see if he lights up the scrubs this week. The Birds are deep in the O line so he should have time and no excuses.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I would suggest last night's performance shouldn't make anyone feel concerned about Thorson making it through waivers and onto the practice squad. (and if he doesn't, I'm not broken up about it)

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
            I would suggest last night's performance shouldn't make anyone feel concerned about Thorson making it through waivers and onto the practice squad. (and if he doesn't, I'm not broken up about it)
            I didn't see much of last nights game but young QB's who are late round picks are late round picks for a reason. One game will not decide if he is on the team or not.

Comment

But 3 will

Comment

OMG he is safe on the PS. He'd be a backup in a Pop Warner league.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  Man that is tough right there. I'm not too concerned about him getting through to the PS and if he doesn't there will be quite a few guys looking for PS jobs around the league.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Right there with ya. I watch Trace McSorely (6th round) have a terrific preseason and then watch Thorsen (5th rounder). They are like night and day.

Ravens have more of an issue with McSorely. He is currently 3rd string and they won't be able to stash him on the PS. If I was the Ravens, I would cut Robert Griffin III (2nd string) and move McSorely to #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                      Right there with ya. I watch Trace McSorely (6th round) have a terrific preseason and then watch Thorsen (5th rounder). They are like night and day.

Ravens have more of an issue with McSorely. He is currently 3rd string and they won't be able to stash him on the PS. If I was the Ravens, I would cut Robert Griffin III (2nd string) and move McSorely to #2.
                      Hell, Howie should trade for him now lol! I was shocked that he went so low. I thought that he was staying at Penn State when he wasn't mentioned as a top QB. I think the Ravens just keep 3 qbs unless RGIII has been stinking the place out.

Comment

Scandrick cut

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                          Scandrick cut
                          I would that he won't be out of a job too long.

Comment

The Eagles released the following veteran players: DE Kasim Edebali, DE Eli Harold, LB Hayes Pullard, CB Orlando Scandrick and TE Will Tye.

The Eagles waived these players: WR Carlton Agudosi, S Trae Elston, C Anthony Fabiano, S Deiondre’ Hall, CB Ajene Harris, CB Josh Hawkins, QB Cody Kessler, T Riley Mayfield, CB Jeremiah McKinnon, WR Marken Michel, RB Donnel Pumphrey, G Keegan Render, CB Sojourn Shelton, LB Alex Singleton, WR DeAndre Thompkins, S Jason Thompson, DT Kevin Wilkins, LB Chris Worley.

The only one I would have kept is Michel but he and ward are similar. Then again Ward could be call also.

I think Agudosi, Michel, Thompkins, Wilkins are candidates for the PS if they are not picked up by other teams.

Comment

My surprise make Alex Ellis is still alive!!
                              Last edited by Eagle60; 08-30-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Glad to see Herbig, Mailata, and Pryor on the roster, that’s a good line sitting on the pine . They did some nasty stuff in the preseason . Who would have thought they would play most of the preseason and not gotten anyone killed ? I would have preferred Ward over Hollins, but they know best. Now, let’s get this on !!
                                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                                X