Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    You can't make this s*** up
    What stuff might that be?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

All of it 60. You have two guys writing competing memos- not completing an investigation mind you just writing memos- that skew and spin their point of view in order to discredit the investigation that THEY are supposed to be conducting.
      You have a guy who has beat his wife sit in the White House without a clearance having access to classified info with people trying to double talk their way out of it. This after busting the other parties balls about taking money from someone accused of sexual misconduct. And his former senator employer and the chief of staff make statements about how much character this cat has and then change their statements the next day.
      The swamp is alive and well
      Now we want to have a parade. A friggin parade so we can look like North Korea. You can't make it up
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

All of it 60. You have two guys writing competing memos- not completing an investigation mind you just writing memos- that skew and spin their point of view in order to discredit the investigation that THEY are supposed to be conducting.
        You have a guy who has beat his wife sit in the White House without a clearance having access to classified info with people trying to double talk their way out of it. This after busting the other parties balls about taking money from someone accused of sexual misconduct. And his former senator employer and the chief of staff make statements about how much character this cat has and then change their statements the next day.
        The swamp is alive and well
        Now we want to have a parade. A friggin parade so we can look like North Korea. You can't make it up

Rob Porter, who in his capacity as White House Staff Secretary had responsibility on a daily basis for bringing important documents, including Top Secret documents, to the President's attention. The FBI has denied the security clearance required by his position based on credible allegations by both of his ex-wives of violent domestic abuse.

These allegations were initially ignored/dismissed by Chief of staff John Kelly, who very recently vouched for Porter as a man of "true honor and integrity" despite having been made aware by the FBI of the substantial allegations against his immediate subordinate.

A retired Four Star General, Kelly is a man who served this country with distinction in for many years. He and his wife suffered the ultimate sacrifice in losing their son in the service of our country. His actions in this and other recent controversies have done anything but distinguish him further.

Not unlike Captain Renault in Casablanca, with knowledge that photo evidence of the facial injuries inflicted on one of the ex-wives was about to become public, Kelly suddenly decided he was "shocked" to learn of the allegations. And Porter was abruptly shown the door.

But why worry about an individual that has access to the nation's most important secrets being vulnerable to blackmail...and all that could entail. We've got a big military parade in the offing to entertain the Man Child in the White House.

Comment

All that I know is whenever this stuff comes up they always blame a dead guy.
          Last edited by Eagle60; 02-09-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Another day another chuckle. Good thing we have that friggin hotline for veterans maybe a few will bitch about the travel program. And it only took a month for the administration to say the tax cut isn't going to balance out after wasting all that time before the vote trying to convince people that it would. Looks like the swamp is alive and well.
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Another day another chuckle. Good thing we have that friggin hotline for veterans maybe a few will bitch about the travel program.
              Is this the new "travel program" open to all we vets?
              The Veteran Affairs secretary’s Euro trip scandal, explained....

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/14/170130...l-travel-trump

(from the linked piece)
              Shulkin justified the travel as in support of the VA’s mission. But the report documented only three and a half days of meetings and other official events during a nine-day trip that cost at least $122,334. According to the report, Shulkin’s chief of staff Vivieca Wright Simpson doctored an email to create the justification for the VA to subsidize travel for Shulkin’s wife, Merle Bari, whose flight cost $4,300.

There was another charge of almost $4,000 for a "parking overage".

In a hearing today before the House Committee on Veterans Affairs a visably shaken Shulkin, who admitted that "the optics look bad", now claims someone "hacked" the email account of his Chief of Staff to "doctor" the email in order to justify his wife's luxurious travel. (It's always the coverup that gets them!)

But being a stand up guy, Shulkin offered to pay back at least some of the money he's been caught stealing from tax payers.

Just another day "Draining the Swamp", Trump Style.

Comment

"I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon," Trump told governors meeting at the White House to discuss school safety.

So speaks the coward who sought and received 5 deferments during the war in Vietnam.

You really CAN'T make this shit up!

Comment

I've laid off him for a long time but you just absolutely cannot make this up. There is not a lower life person in our country than this president. First he specifically goes against his staff in releasing a statement on McCain's death. Then he absolutely disrespects him and every veteran by raising the flag that had been lowered to half staff. Then he doesn't have the balls to stand for his actions and he bows to the pressure and raises the flag. Donald Trump is a patriotic American like a pedophile priest is a good Christian. piece o crap.
                  Sorry for the rant but you are on the misc board.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Trump demonstrates on an almost daily basis that, despite his considerable height and moderate obesity, he may be the smallest person in the country. He had steadfastly resisted pressure from within the White House to at least act like a decent adult in the recognizing the passing of a widely admired man he disliked. But he reportedly caved in response to complaints from Amvets and the American Legion, representing millions of vets, which had voiced anger at the shameful way he was behaving toward a highly honored one of their own.

Given Trump's childish and ultimately cowardly actions with respect to John McCain's death, the irony of Trump's accusing the protesting NFL players of disrespecting the flag is not lost on veterans who, unlike the craven Trump, actually stepped up when given an opportunity to sacrifice in representing our flag.
                    Last edited by tinopuno; 08-27-2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

TP I appreciate your service and agree regarding the pettiness of Capt BoneSpurs, but I can respect McCain’s service and still question the goodness of his character overall since his service. He clung to power for far to long in DC and was the poster child for term limits IMO. He also has a few high profile lowlights including his actions as a member of the Keating Five.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        TP I appreciate your service and agree regarding the pettiness of Capt BoneSpurs, but I can respect McCain’s service and still question the goodness of his character overall since his service. He clung to power for far to long in DC and was the poster child for term limits IMO. He also has a few high profile lowlights including his actions as a member of the Keating Five.

AW,

And I appreciate your typically thoughtful response. No question that McCain had flaws. I could offer a list of things he did and/or said that I disagreed with seriously and that really angered/disappointed me. And I agree fully about your term limits observation.

That said, there's much I admired about John McCain that made me fond of him as a person and value him as a political figure. I suppose what I liked best was his occasional willingness to admit his mistakes and even apologize. I believe we need more men and women like him willing to work "across the isle" to find solutions for our country as a whole.

Comment

I didn't agree with McCain on everything. In fact, thought he was a war hawk. Never saw a place he didn't want to send more US troops. That isn't the issue. The man served his country. He served in the military (a far more difficult service than the vast majority of people who serve). He served in congress. He served for something like 60 years. There are things you do for people who served. You don't raise the flag because the guy opposed you. You don't s*** in the face of veterans because you didn't like the guy. That is the issue. And a whole group of people in the country don't have the balls to call the guy out.
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

How the heck did John McCain make his way into this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              How the heck did John McCain make his way into this thread?

Popper,

If that's a serious question, read the posts starting with #9. And remember the original premise..."You can't make this shit up!"

Comment

Working...
                              X