Any thoughts on Phils ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts on Phils ?

I really hope they just patch up the defense and don't go all in on one of these huge contracts. Arrietta, Nola and Pivetta are in the top 10 in ground balls. We make plays and we'll be alright and we now have a stout pen. Keep growing on the farm.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Reading articles it sounds like many won't be happy without Harper or Machado. What was it he said----stupid money.
    I'm not a Harper fan (would so much rather have Trout) but I think they need some pop so they will go hard for one of them. I also think both will go somewhere else.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I would rather wait on Trout.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

No way you can wait on Trout. There is no guarantee he'll ever become available. Harper or Machado will be cornerstones of the squad for the next decade. Signing one (or both) is a real need IMO. Plus, don't worry about the $. They have plenty of it!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
          No way you can wait on Trout. There is no guarantee he'll ever become available. Harper or Machado will be cornerstones of the squad for the next decade. Signing one (or both) is a real need IMO. Plus, don't worry about the $. They have plenty of it!
          Agree---- and if Trout does come available--- you can add him also! they have a gazillion dollars if they want to really create a winner.

Comment

Apparently the Phils had a very good meeting with Harper over the weekend. Boras gave a good presentation and I'm thinking they'll go with Harper even though I feel Machado will be more valuable as an on the field product. Harper will immediately help fill the stadium though.

Comment

As I said I really don't care for him, maybe it is because he is in Washington, but he will give some pop and they need something to stir the franchise. They were relevant for a couple months last year so maybe he can make them relevant in the second half this year. I wasn't sure either he or Machado were going to give the Phils a good look; maybe it will work out after all.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Hey he is still young and he has shown signs of his upside at times--- anytime you can sign THAT kinda talent I'm all in. then "maybe" Trout next year and this lineup goes from blah to exciting. (obviously we need some other pieces, but these are guys you can build a team around.

Comment

Working...
                X