Eagles vs VaGiants GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
    The purpose of the rule is. If you go head first your fighting for extra yardage and therefore the ball is live. If you go feet first your signaling that your taking what you already got and calling the play dead.
    I see your point and agree. I also think that I saw that very same play happen before.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      I see your point and agree. I also think that I saw that very same play happen before.
      It happened just last year in an Eagles-Giants game. Although last time they ruled that he got his feet out in front enough to rule it a slide.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• Originally posted by fly View Post
        The ground can't cause a fumble when you're touched and fall to the ground. If you're just running and either dive or fall on your own, the ground can cause a fumble. The only thing that's really different is a QB can give himself up by sliding feet first. I think it's pretty straightforward.

Bradshaw was definitely touched (Eagle defender definitely hit him on the back as he was falling down). And I guess the wrist is part of the arm ... which means you are down. It did look like his upper wrist hit the ground before the ball came out (or causing the ball to come out). So, the ground caused the fumble.
        Thanks Fly - that does make sense - I still think its a dumb rule

Comment

• The forearm down should only apply if both feet are in the air same time. But if he is still up on his feet like the case of Bradshaw the play should still be live.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
          X