Hats of to Sam Bradford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats of to Sam Bradford

Late in the game I questioned whether he could engineer a late come-from-behind drive if Dallas went ahead. Dallas never went ahead despite some mind numbing help from the zebras. But...

He did the next best thing in that overtime drive. I'm still not sold on Bradford but it would be hard to criticize his game tonight. Same goes for another guy who has come in for a lot of deserved criticism. Jordan Mathews made some tough catches and looked like he did last year with his hard earned YAC.

An eminently satisfying game for any number of reasons.

And oh yeah...

FUCK YOU JERRY AND YOUR COWARD CRIMINAL HARDY!!!!

Yep, quite a breakthru for Sam. Reportedly, he told Mathews on that game winning throw, "I am coming to you, win it here". A good sign of him taking the leadership role that he needs to.

I won't go crazy over Sams performance last night. He was still Captain Checkdown for most of the game, and rarely got the ball out to a wideout more than 5 yards upfield. But...it's a start.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

One other thing I think needs to be mentioned: conditioning. During the 4th quarter and OT, Dallas was spent. without some gift calls from the refs this game would never have gone to OT and once the birds won the toss in OT, I turned to my wife and said, Dallas can't stop them here unless they stop themselves (and they tried with some penalties).

If Chip can get this damn offense working earlier in the game, the conditioning will become more evident and we'll see the eagles put games away in the 3rd/early 4th instead of ot.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
        One other thing I think needs to be mentioned: conditioning. During the 4th quarter and OT, Dallas was spent. without some gift calls from the refs this game would never have gone to OT and once the birds won the toss in OT, I turned to my wife and said, Dallas can't stop them here unless they stop themselves (and they tried with some penalties).

If Chip can get this damn offense working earlier in the game, the conditioning will become more evident and we'll see the eagles put games away in the 3rd/early 4th instead of ot.
        I had similar thoughts vet. It was like we couldn't catch a break all night. Dallas faking two injuries in the redzone to catch their breath was BS. Then Simba gets hurt giving Dallas an extra TO to allow them to tie the game. The BS Hail Mary to Dez. The kick hits the upright but bounces through. Brandon Graham makes 2 terrific strips but we couldn't recover either one. Constant BS defensive calls against us. Nothing was going our way. And we still won. Wow!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post

Late in the game I questioned whether he could engineer a late come-from-behind drive if Dallas went ahead. Dallas never went ahead despite some mind numbing help from the zebras. But...

He did the next best thing in that overtime drive. I'm still not sold on Bradford but it would be hard to criticize his game tonight. Same goes for another guy who has come in for a lot of deserved criticism. Jordan Mathews made some tough catches and looked like he did last year with his hard earned YAC.

An eminently satisfying game for any number of reasons.

And oh yeah...

FUCK YOU JERRY AND YOUR COWARD CRIMINAL HARDY!!!!
          Sam really threw the ball well last night. At one point I turned to my wife and said "has this guy ever been in a weight room, he's got old man arms". He really needs to get stronger.

Comment

When the game was on the line, Bradford performed. End of story.

Jukin, start thinking about starting up the bandwagon.
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
              When the game was on the line, Bradford performed. End of story.

Jukin, start thinking about starting up the bandwagon.
              He laid some absolute beauties in there last night. I'll add that Cassel played out of his mind too last night. I was thinking that at some point he'd screw up and he did! That play by Simba turned the game around. But other than that play he looked like friekin Aaron Rogers.

Comment

I wanted that game in the worst way last night. It was not just the normal Cowboys/Eagles rivalry. It was the Eagles defeating the Cowboys, their smug-ass owner and that awful human Greg Hardy.

Karma is catching up to Dallas and nobody deserves it more. I hope that team has a complete meltdown complete with bench brawling.

Bradford finally delivered in the clutch. But, he is not yet a polished product and is nowhere near worth 18 million a year QB.

Great job by the patchwork OLine also as they kept Bradford clean and allowed the running game to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                  I wanted that game in the worst way last night. It was not just the normal Cowboys/Eagles rivalry. It was the Eagles defeating the Cowboys, their smug-ass owner and that awful human Greg Hardy.

Karma is catching up to Dallas and nobody deserves it more. I hope that team has a complete meltdown complete with bench brawling.

Bradford finally delivered in the clutch. But, he is not yet a polished product and is nowhere near worth 18 million a year QB.

Great job by the patchwork OLine also as they kept Bradford clean and allowed the running game to succeed.
                  Let's hope he gets there!

Comment

I have not been a Bradford supporter at all but kudos are due on this one. The guy played very well last night. That last throw to Mathews was perfect and its a throw that big time QB's have to make. Yes he still is check down Charlie but he did throw the ball down the field more than usual last night. I really think part of the reason they are not pushing the ball down the field as much is they simply don't have a deep threat. Your best receiver is playing out of the slot. The rest of the receivers are just guys. Most would be 4th or 5th receivers on other teams.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

He had a really nice pass to Demarco, and a pretty sweet one to Ertz, both on the right sideline. Sam took some hits and kept firing. It's a really nice step towards the right direction.

15 for 19 for 221 yards in the second half....... Keep it up, kid. Starting earlier in the game is your next mission.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                        I have not been a Bradford supporter at all but kudos are due on this one. The guy played very well last night. That last throw to Mathews was perfect and its a throw that big time QB's have to make. Yes he still is check down Charlie but he did throw the ball down the field more than usual last night. I really think part of the reason they are not pushing the ball down the field as much is they simply don't have a deep threat. Your best receiver is playing out of the slot. The rest of the receivers are just guys. Most would be 4th or 5th receivers on other teams.
                        Bradford went downfield better against the Giants and Saints, and was good from the start of those games -- granted, much worse secondaries, and may be part of the game plan. Unfortunately he was inaccurate enough in those games to throw several killer picks which kept those games close. But it's also true those passes will work much better once the run game gets some traction. Sean Lee going out was huge. Bradford was very good the second half... if he can keep up that accuracy, things could start getting interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

You nailed it right there taz. Teams play our wrs man up with a free safety. They can't get open. There is nobody to go deep to. Chip knows that he can't trust the passing game on 3rd down. Those sweeps finally worked on 3rd downs when the defense is gassed.

Comment

Need to get our 1st round pick healthy and on the field!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                              Need to get our 1st round pick healthy and on the field!
                              He can only help. I would hope he's back in a couple of weeks. I just hope that they take their time with him. His whole game is quickness and you can't rush a high ankle sprain.

Comment

Working...
                              X