Saturday Morning Offseason Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Morning Offseason Planning

With the news of some good veteran players available via trade I am taking another look at my offseason plan. Interesting playing with some trade scenarios. Just fun taking a Saturday morning playing GM

1. Trade a 2nd Round pick along with JJaw to the Vikings for Diggs and a 5th rounder. No way any team gets a number 1 for a WR with the draft as deep as it is this year. Diggs has some warts, he does drop more than his share of passes but the upside of what is, is too great to give up here.

2. Trade a 3rd (Supplemental) and 5th rounder along with Sidney Jones to Detroit for Darius Slay (give him a new contract) average 11 mill per year. Don’t care about Slay’s age we have to fix at least one half of the DB backfield this offseason. He is not a shut down guy but a very good corner.

Free Agency
    1. Devondre Campbell LB Atlanta – Tackling machine, Going to cost some coin, 5yrs 50 million. Faster replacement for Bradham
    2. Damarious Randall S Cleveland – 5yrs 40 million. 28 years old good free safety. Younger faster replacement for McCloud
    2. Karl Joseph S Las Vegas – 3yrs 18 million. Strong Safety. Lets face it Jenkins is asking for way too much money. Joseph is not Jenkins but he is a solid in the box strong safety.
    3. Resign Hasaan Ridgeway – 2yrs 3.5 million
    4. Resign Jordan Howard – 4 mill per year
    5. Resign Nate Sudfeld – 2yrs 6 million

Draft:
    Trade back from 21 to 27 picking up an additional 3rd round pick
    27. Yetur Gross Matos DE Penn State – Eagles will continue to build along the lines. With no second round pick I am sure some will scratch their heads, but Graham is not getting another younger and if you watch Gross Matos play you will see a ton of Brandon Graham in him. I traded back as my first choice Christian Fulton went right before 21 and with Diggs in the fold I was not taking a WR in round 1.
    64. Trade 3rd round pick number 21 plus Malcolm Jenkins – AJ Terrell CB Clemson – Taller rangy corner might not be there at 64 but in my simulation he was. Excellent addition. Jenkins wants more money than we can give him and honestly its time to turn over the safety position
    91 (From Seattle) – KJ Hill WR Ohio State – Excellent route runner. WR does not become a huge need earlier in the draft with the addition of Diggs but Hill can come in and contribute right away
    4th round Pick A – Jordan Fuller S Ohio State
    4th round pick B – Willie Gray Jr LB Mississippi State
    4th round Pick C – Jon Runyan JR OG Michigan
    5th round – Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa
    5 round – Colby Parkinson TE Stanford
    6th round - Cam Brown LB Penn State
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Don't know how to feel about Diggs. He is good. What gives me pause about Diggs is the fact that he's been disgruntled for a couple of seasons and has been open about it. Maybe that changes with a new team. I assume that Jeffery is still on the team in your scenario?

Comment

Working...
    X