Slay to Philly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slay to Philly?

Rumor mill abuzz. 3-year extension being discussed for the 29 yr old Slay. What would it take? There was a suggestion earlier (just someone’s idea) that the Birds would send Sidney Jones plus a third to the Lions. I would be ok if it’s the comp 3rd, which you can now trade. Need to keep ammunition for trade up with SF in the first to get one of the Big 3 WRs.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

That's an acceptable deal IMO. Fresh start for Jones and the team.

Unknown is whether or not Jones factors into the team's plan moving forward. Jones conceivably could be viewed as the other starter candidate.

Perhaps another FA pickup or trade before the draft nets a new starter opposite Slay, pending this scenario playing out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ith-extension/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...ow-per-report/

Comment

Rappaport announces done deal, Slay now one of the highest paid CB in the game
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

NFL.com saying the Eagles give up a 3rd and 5th. Great trade if thats all we gave up!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

NFL.com saying the Eagles give up a 3rd and 5th. Great trade if thats all we gave up!
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Shefter reports same thing, 2020 3rd and 5th
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

There was an implication that it was our regular third, not comp pick, but not sure anyone really checked. We also have 2 5ths.
              Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
              Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Not loving this off season. Wanted Malcolm back badly. Losing him is even worse than when Chris Long retired. Leaders don’t get replaced early and owed Jenkins IMHO

Then I wanted Jones or Harris at CB cuz I felt we needed a quality vet and I thought we needed all 10 picks. Not just the volume of picks, but the ability they gave us to trade up.

We are short at WR, LB, OL depth. HBs are without a veteran

We have a lot to still do. Giving up those picks hurts.

Slay better kick ass! We’d better double up on WR on draft day.

Comment

I like this move don't love it. The reason why is we gave up two picks vs one to get him and paid top dollar. This will limit us addressing some other positions in multiplicity. We still need at least one more CB, 3 LB's, 2 WR's, 2 Offensive Lineman, Another TE another RB.

All that said Slay is the best corner we have had since Asante Samuel. He should instantly make this defense better.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

TE?

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                      TE?
                      We normally keep 3 TE's. I am not looking a high pick or much money guy.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

The Birds are supposedly in on the 24-year old stud DE from Jacksonville. That would be interesting on how they'd swing that. And that guy is going to command a huge salary but he is a STUD.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I agree on the TE situation, I like the fact Perkins can step into the WR role or be the 3rd TE, but IMO I would rather see another guy in the Ertz, Goedert mode, a bit more physical. As for RB and WR, I would really like to see someone in either role with the ability to return kicks. If Sanders is our main man, he can't be running back kick offs and Ward fair catching punts and not gaining those 10+ yards as Sproles was able to do , mean quite a bit in a 17 game season. There are quite a few drives per game where 10 yards results in a sure fire, up close FG or a better shot at 7 instead of 3 which could mean a game or 2 a year. As for WR, there are some guys in FA who are getting devalued because of the talent in the draft. They may be able to get a guy at a good price. I hope they draft a WR, but I don't make it as big a priority as others, we made the playoffs with a bunch of avg Joes and have Jackson coming back, Jeffrey as well. If we can get help in the back 7 and miss out on a WR in the draft, I won't be end of the world upset.

Comment

I’m ok with Alex Ellis or Perkins as third TE

I love Yannick but not with the franchise tag now requiring picks. I was hoping Alshon would be a part of the Slay deal. Maybe he can be thrown in with a 4th or something?

Comment

The franchise tag holds the player in place. The Jags could always agree to give us Yannick for our second and maybe a few other picks. And they might. They are in salary cap hell now because of Nick Foles. They are in rebuild mode big time.
                              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                              X