Up till now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up till now...

I've given this team every benefit of the doubt, and believed that they would turn things around, now I have no idea where they go from here.....The way it looks now, the Eagles Superbowl was that Dallas game, they wanted to make a statement ( and they did) but after that win it looks like they felt they could just mail in the rest of the games....I don't see any way they get on any kind of a roll now. I really expected a great effort today. This is pretty shocking and pretty disappointing. The way they're playing, hoping to even beat the Redskins or the Titans looks like a stretch..........It's always bad to post right after a game, cause you're reacting on emotion, but this team has shown nothing but inconsistency, and the lack of ability( or simple unwillingness) to make good decisions throughout a game......If the Season's not over, it should be!!!

season may very well be over.

the ONLY bright spot is that we have alot of young talent and can get right back on top next year.

I expected better this year. I'd say we still have a shot if I truly believed the D could turn it around. I just don't see it

Comment

I think the D has turned it around, but the O is now in a funk. If the offense can put points on the board the Jags can't just keep pounding with the run like that.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
        I think the D has turned it around, but the O is now in a funk. If the offense can put points on the board the Jags can't just keep pounding with the run like that.

I disagree. Teams are playing small ball with the Eagles. Running the ball all over them. Wailing on us in TOP and capitolizing when they get in scoring position. When is the last time the opposition missed a F'n FG?

I dunno leif. I know the Offense has been like Cybil. But I see them as able to turn it around and do good things. I haven't seen much out of the D or ST's. The tackling is better on some college teams.

I have no faith that this D can button up the chinstraps and stop and offense when they know that offense is going to run. Do you? if so, can you tell me what makes you feel that way? cuz I aint seeing it.

I'm used to good D from an Eagle team. I am not used to this.

First Lewis can't cover my grandmother...now they can't stop my grandmother from running.

wait til Portis and Barber get a hold of us in 3 of the last 8 games

Comment

While the Eagles offense was just terrible today, the defense was also pretty poor. True they only allowed 13 points but Jacksonville pounded the Eagles on the ground. The defense was manhandled and played without intensity. The tackling was particularly poor. Both Drew and Taylor were breaking a lot of tackles and getting extra yards. I don't think youthful talent will help if both lines are getting blown off the ball. Right now the Eagles really need to regroup.

Comment

Give up 13 points in the NFL with the field position the Jags had and you should win that game. Puhleese!

Comment

The mental issues are the biggest problem that I see. Last week it was McNabb throwing to LJ at the 2 instead of throwing it away. This week was a simial issue with Westbrook not even trying to get out of bounds with less than 90 seconds to go and them inside the 20. Get out of bounds and stop the clock and give yourself a shot at the endzone. Then there's the fact that Andy never even took a shot at the endzone in the last 2 minutes. He seemed to want to run out the clock instead of going for the points and trying the on-sides kick with a little more time on the clock. That would have alwed them to take a shot at the win instead they seemed determined to go for the tie and win it in over time. That's a mental mistake by the coaches. Every week they make more and more mistakes out there. I see them getting worse not better in the way they execute the plays each week.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Yeah but this same defense absolutely shut down Barber once already this year. With our corners healing up our pass defense has looked infinitely better. If we can put up points this defense will be good enough.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                  Give up 13 points in the NFL with the field position the Jags had and you should win that game. Puhleese!
                  Please send the Eagles defense a reminder on how to tackle.
                  The jags would have scored more if our offense had turned
                  the ball over. The tackling was pitiful MD.

Comment

Originally posted by Soaring Eagle
                    Yeah, so what is your point???? Mine was that this loss wasn't "on" the D as another poster wanted to say.

Want some facts? They had the ball for 64 plays-- we had it for 58. Our D only gave up 13 points on those 64 plays and given the filed position, that isn't a bad days work. It's those 58 plays on other side where we need to look for "reasons" for todays debacle!

Again you only give up 13 points wiht the filed position the Jags had-- you should win that game!

You can try to lay blame wherever you want, but IMO, it's strictly on the players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Exactly what I just said in another thread. Agreed.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

This is 90% on the coaching.

Andy Reid thinks his team is so damn talented he can gameplan like a cocky fat arrogrant moron. The other teams gameplan for us (What a novel freaking concept) and take away certain things and actually strategize against both sides of the ball.

Reid basically says "Ok. We're so great we'll come out and run the same damn plays every game."

Wonderful. Brilliant. The other team basically doesn't even have to try for the first half because they know what the EAGLES will do.

Fake play action - throw bombs - let McNabb go for deep posts and the occassional screen pass.

Give me a break. I know nothing about coaching and I could gameplan for the EAGLES offense and defense.

The wind is howling at 100 mph and what does REID do? Um he throws the ball all over the place.

3 and out.
                        3 and out.
                        3 and out.
                        3 and out.
                        3 and out.
                        3 and out.
                        3 and out.
                        3 and out.

Garbage. You telling me Buckhalter on three straight carries or Westbrook on 3 straight carries can't get a first down?

JJ is so old and predictable now it's pathetic. Today should have been the perfect day when he put 9 me in the box on 1st and 2nd down and then blitz the house on 3rd down.

What in the world are you playing base defense for on 3rd and passing downs against Garrard? Even I freaking know he can scramble.

Coaching sucks terribly right now. Arrogance has set in and quite frankly there is no accountablity.

Andy has been given the Kingdom basically and he doesn't think he's wrong.

Well he is. This reactive gameplan is just awful. Awful.

Pathetic.

Now you want to talk about the players - well the other 10% is that the players they have a key positions on defense don't do jack to make plays:

- Every single LB on this team (Trotter included) hasn't made a big play in 5 years.

- Bunkley and Dawkins are both major busts during this losing streak. Neither of them has done anything. You can throw HOWARD in there too.

I don't blame this game on McNABB at all.

I don't blame our secondary and quite frankly it wasn't the offensive players fault in this game - for once - it was exactly as the King of All things Eagles always says

"I take full responsibility for not putting the players in position to make plays."

However - it most certainly not exactly like the next line he loves to say:

"We'll be fine there."

Not this year Andy. Not this year. Maybe when you get some defensive playmakers. But not this year.
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by Soaring Eagle
                          Yeah, so what is your point???? Mine was that this loss wasn't "on" the D as another poster wanted to say.

Want some facts? They had the ball for 64 plays-- we had it for 58. Our D only gave up 13 points on those 64 plays and given the filed position, that isn't a bad days work. It's those 58 plays on other side where we need to look for "reasons" for todays debacle!

Again you only give up 13 points wiht the filed position the Jags had-- you should win that game!

You can try to lay blame wherever you want, but IMO, it's strictly on the players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Heck, my point is that the Eagles' tackling sucked today.
                          And I mean it was really poor. Other than that the D only
                          gave up 13 earned points - great. They allowed a TD on
                          the 1st drive of the game.

As far as only blaming the players, I'd call that a red herring as well.
                          This team has come out completely flat the past three games and lost.
                          That lack of performance is on the TEAM, which includes the coaching staff. And that's just my opinion.

Comment

You don't have to blame this game on McNabb, BP, but he is certainly not BLAMELESS. He has got to stop holding the ball so long and taking stupid sacks. He was not sharp today. Several misfires and mistakes that he can claim.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Of course my brother. No one is exempt from criticism today. But goodness gracious Andy Reid is out of control. You put McNabb in predictable situation after predictable situation and defense are going to kill him eventually.

EARTH TO ANDY THIS HAPPENED LAST YEAR AND YOU LOST MCNABB FOR THE YEAR AND YOU WERE HAVE SUPPOSED TO HAVE LEARNED YOUR LESSON

Don't get me wrong FRESH. I'm not here to argue with anybody. This team is a wreck. I have my whipping boys (That fat slob Bunkley who is just awful, The two most pathetic OLB's in football and Reggie Brown's hands) but Andy Reid is really really just coaching this team poorly.
                              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                              Playoff Appearances:
                              NFC Title Games:
                              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                              X