No announcement yet.

Stallworth in Substance Abuse Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man, that is a crazy development. that mistake cost him a lot of money.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

If it's pot it's not such a big deal other than the stupidity it took in relation to the timing of the FA signing period. Guys have slipped. But it kinda makes you wonder why he was so quickly dumped by NO, and the Birds haven't shown much inclination to make an offer. maybe it's the reason why the Birds took a one year contract on him. If this makes him a repeat offender it probably doesn't bode well.
      Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
        Come baby, bring him back!!!

I don't know that this development helps bring Stallworth back or not. He may blame the Eagles for leaking this and killing his value on the FA market, even if they are not guilty of actually leaking it.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Why would anyone think that the Eagles leaked it? If they were going to do that, they would have done this a couple weeks ago.

Being in the program didn't hear God, so I think Donte will turn out fine.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I doubt the Birds leaked this and from the sounds of it - I would think this is a first offense. A second offense means a suspension and that would be publicized at this point IMO.

Comment

i don't think they leaked it. but it's not a question of what i think. it's what donte thinks.

Comment

I don't see how it helps the Eagles to leak this type of information. They are not competing against me or you or any other poster on this board for Stallworths services they are competing against the 31 other teams in the NFL for his services. Since this information is readily available to the other 31 teams it gives the Eagles no advantage either way to letting this information out.

The only thing this information does is explains to the general public why the guy who was supposnenly the number 1 reciever available in free agency has not recieved any visits or contract offers yet
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                  I don't see how it helps the Eagles to leak this type of information. They are not competing against me or you or any other poster on this board for Stallworths services they are competing against the 31 other teams in the NFL for his services. Since this information is readily available to the other 31 teams it gives the Eagles no advantage either way to letting this information out.

The only thing this information does is explains to the general public why the guy who was supposnenly the number 1 reciever available in free agency has not recieved any visits or contract offers yet

i agree. i don't think they leaked it.

but it's only important whether Donte thinks they leaked it.

Comment

they probably didn't leak it but one *possible* reason for them to leak it is that if they fail to resign him they can whisper that it's because they were afraid of him violating the substance abuse policy again. As a one year risk, they were fine with it but now he's gonna get a multiyear deal from someone.

Comment

Well, there is supposedly this "confidentiality agreement" that if broken carries a hefty fine. But SOMEBODY broke it. Think anyone is gonna go after Brookover asking him to reveal his "source"?
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

*cough* spads *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                          they probably didn't leak it but one *possible* reason for them to leak it is that if they fail to resign him they can whisper that it's because they were afraid of him violating the substance abuse policy again. As a one year risk, they were fine with it but now he's gonna get a multi-year deal from someone.
                          I don't see this as a valid argument Vin. The Eagles know the guy, they say they like him and want him on the team - and to say they were ok with the possibility of a suspension in a 1 year deal but not a multi-year deal is a hard excuse to swallow in the NFL where a team can drop a player for no reason and only owe them the signing bonus. They can certainly use this as a way to reduce the contract offer saying they won't risk big money for a player facing suspension - but to not make an offer over this is transparent. For a team who doesn't know him it's a different story, but for one of your own players this is not a valid excuse.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Donte can pal around with Reid's kids, maybe have some kind of support group. Just get this deal done!
                            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Reading through some of the information (from sources all over) it looks like Donte Failled a drug test THIS YEAR and it was right around the time we signed Reggie Brown.

Also from my one of my friends in New England (who is pretty plugged in with the Patriots) He expects Stallworth to sign a 1 year 5 million dollar deal today with the Patriots. The Eagles made him a 5yr 25 mill offer with 10 mill in guarantees, but he thinks he is better off signing a one year deal and New England and then going back onto the market next year.
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                                X