I think DeShaun is our #1 for the rest of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think DeShaun is our #1 for the rest of the year

At this point, I am not so sure that we can say our #1 receiver is hurt. Despite the stupid rookie mistakes, I think DeShaun is far too talented to keep off the field. He is clearly superior from a talent standpoint to any other WR on the roster. And, he passed a huge test last night.

I do look forward to getting Curtis back for the #2 slot. Reggie is going to have to step up big while Curtis is out, or he may find himself riding the bench when Kevin returns.

I like the WR depth we have right now. But, I do still wish T.O. and Donovan could have kept that relationship together. Like him or not, T.O. is something special.

Re: I think DeShaun is our #1 for the rest of the year

DeShaun Foster? When did we pick him up?

Oh, you mean Jackson. I agree. He's awesome. And I like that he embarassed himself last night on national television showboating. Should be a powerful motivation to never do it again.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I'm thinking/hoping the same thing, LT. He is going to get SOOOOO much crap from people about that, it should certainly leave and impression on him as to when it's OK to celebrate. And keep your big ego in check there, little man.

That said, first two starts in the NFL and 2 100 yard games. Ummmmmm, he's on pace for around 1700 yards???? Sounds like a #1 to ME!
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I agree with everything said thus far in this thread.

As far as the goof with the ball, the coaches should make a joke out of it and teach him to do something unique BEYOND THE GOAL LINE the next time he scores.

I got a feeling that DJ is going to be scoring a lot. He is BY FAR the best receiver we have had since TO. Having Curtis as the #2 will be a great plus for our offense. Right now, Brown is icing on the cake.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Don't forget that we don't have such things as #1 and #2 WRs here in Philly. All the WRs are equal... except some are more equal than others.

Obviously you worry about his body taking a beating because he's so small AND he's used to a much shorter season. But other than that, he is wildly talented and our best receiver. Unbelievable.

Comment

Hope his shoulder is ok. He did pass a huge test last night and is very talented. I agree being stupid on national TV hopefully will be a big wake up call he will learn from.

Jackson, Brown, Curtis, Avant, Baskett and Lewis all have roles here...the 4 who have played so far have all made good plays and I am excited to see Brown/Curtis come back and join in the party.
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I agree. The big adjustment, besides the extra pounding, is that he won't get the month of December off before the playoffs. So I do worry about him tailing off.

So we will need Brown to get healthy and play well.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

You would think he would learn the lesson and not do that again, except this isn't the first time he's done it.

I fully expect him to be a Rosenhaus client and demanding a new contract within a year and a half.

That fumble going into the endzone was exactly why he wasn't a first round pick.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Yes, looks very good so far, like a legit #1, something we have not had enough of in Philly. I hope he does not look to have Rosenhaus as his agent but leif may be correct on this one, it kind of matches his personality. With Brown and hopefully Curtis back, we will have a lot of options for Donovan.

Comment

How about we race to a 11-1 record and sit DJ for a month before the playoffs?

Comment

So, who starts then?? Who's on the field when it's a 2 wide set?? Or, are you going to go 3 wide most of the time???

Comment

Power I set. All day every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
                          So, who starts then?? Who's on the field when it's a 2 wide set?? Or, are you going to go 3 wide most of the time???
                          Don't know who starts but if DJs racking up 100 ypg he should be on the field a lot. There is a lot more flexibility to get some favorable matchups with Brown, DJ, & Curtis. This are good questions to have to answer ... remembering the days of Charles Johnson and Torrance Small.

Comment

I've said before I think he and DMac have that special IT to make things happen. He is, without doubt, a talent. Having said that I have also said that he is a rookie and rookies hit a wall, they get tired, they can get overworked. People willl be clamoring for Andy's head when he sits him here or there but I think Andy is going to keep watch on him. I want to see him full force in Jan/Feb so I hope he gets a game or two with minimal work when Curtis & Brown get back.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Brown coming back in the next couple weeks and Curtis by week 8 can only help DJ down the stretch. They will take the pressure and some of the catches away. If they can both come back to near 100% I don't think DJ will hit much of a wall.
                              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                              X