By the way: Dawk, DJax props.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way: Dawk, DJax props.......

To Dawk: you tied Bill Bradley's record for career interceptions by an Eagle. Awesome!!

To DJax: you've got 53 receptions, or about 10 more than Reggie Brown's previous Eagles' record for receptions by a rookie WR. You've got a great shot to break 70 receptions if you keep up this pace, and look more and more like the real deal. Damn straight, rook!!
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Re: By the way: Dawk, DJax props.......

And attaboys to these guys too, both of whom had 5 catches last night:

"Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

From Spadaro's column:
      Andy Reid used the word "diluted" in his Friday press conference when he talked about the decision to narrow the rotation of six wide receivers to four. Reggie Brown and Greg Lewis are out of the mix right now, although they dress each week. Seems like what you are going to see down the stretch is a lot of DeSean Jackson and Kevin Curtis, with Jason Avant in the slot and Hank Baskett seeing a bunch of time, too.
      I like the idea of narrowing down the WR rotation. I dunno, it seems like it might've messed up the "rhythm" of the offense when they kept switching WR's in and out as much as they did. Looks like DJax and Curtis are supposed to be the main playmakers, with Avant and Baskett as checkdown options or more "possession" type guys.

Next thing you know, we'll have a "rhythm" thread just like that "swagger" thread we had a year or two ago.........
      — Michael Strahan

Comment

Already did one, Balto. I brought this up a couple weeks ago, and suggested that the receivers would have more success if THEY could get in a rythm, much like a RB. Instead we had been plaing musical chairs with the receivers, and they never get into the flow of the game, an don't have the opportunity to set up devenders for different moves and variations.

Also, I noted in the game thread that it appeared that Curtis, Jackson and Baskett were our starting outside receiver trio at this point. Jackson seldom came off the field. What about the rookie wall? The kid is playing a LOT of receiver, and also returning punts. I'm surprised he is holding up. But I am glad to see Andy settle in on a couple receivers here.

Didn't somebody post an insane thread about Reggie Brown not having a place here?????
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
          From Spadaro's column:
          Andy Reid used the word "diluted" in his Friday press conference when he talked about the decision to narrow the rotation of six wide receivers to four. Reggie Brown and Greg Lewis are out of the mix right now, although they dress each week. Seems like what you are going to see down the stretch is a lot of DeSean Jackson and Kevin Curtis, with Jason Avant in the slot and Hank Baskett seeing a bunch of time, too.
          I like the idea of narrowing down the WR rotation. I dunno, it seems like it might've messed up the "rhythm" of the offense when they kept switching WR's in and out as much as they did. Looks like DJax and Curtis are supposed to be the main playmakers, with Avant and Baskett as checkdown options or more "possession" type guys.

Next thing you know, we'll have a "rhythm" thread just like that "swagger" thread we had a year or two ago.........
          Article On WR Rotation: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... ccess.html

Comment

Article pisses me off even more. I know the game was against Ariz. And that Ariz, nor others, have won when coming east. But this isn't new, it isn't rocket science, hell people have said this for years. For all of Andy's "putting players in a position to succeed" he really doesn't put his WRs or his QB in a better position with all the rotating and the lack of running.
            The sad thing is that I think Andy can be a good coach. Andy can beat you. The problem is Andy doesn't want to beat you he wants to outsmart everyone.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

I wouldn't mind Brown rotating his way right to the Seahawks or Vikings for a 4th rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan
                I wouldn't mind Brown rotating his way right to the Seahawks or Vikings for a 4th rounder.
                Or a 3rd from someone.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
                  Originally posted by WCPhan
                  Or a 3rd from someone.
                  Of course, but I'd except a mixed bag of fourth picks for him.

Comment

Working...
                  X