Sounds to me like Schwartz is staying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds to me like Schwartz is staying

Report: Jim Schwartz appears to be out of the running for the Browns’ head coaching job.

It turns out the Browns are choosing between 3 other offensive guys. Now this from Doug:

ANGELO CATALDI: The news conference raised some questions about Jim Schwartz. Can you clarify in our mind your working relationship with Jim?
    DOUG PEDERSON: Jim and I have a great working relationship and I was excited to see that he had an opportunity to become, or at least interview for, a head coaching position [with the Cleveland Browns]. I think what he’s done with our defense and, really, the job he’s done for the four years, has been tremendous. So, he and I have a great relationship, and the other thing is, if he doesn’t get that job, he’s definitely my defensive coordinator moving forward.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Bad day for me, what is really perplexing is how the hell does Cory Undlin still have a job
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      Bad day for me, what is really perplexing is how the hell does Cory Undlin still have a job
      I think Schwartz’s D could be lights out with better corners. I think better coverage will help the D-Line get home as well.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I think it is tough to find CBs that can do all he asks so there will always be a frustration or two. But I agree better corners would help significantly
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          I think Schwartz’s D could be lights out with better corners. I think better coverage will help the D-Line get home as well.
          They need corners and linebackers but at some point they have to develop the talent they have. Which we all can agree has not happened. Look at the teams left in the playoffs they all have good corners and very good linebackers. We have none of that. We have guys with talent but they have not been developed. That is on the coach.

If Schwartz comes back we better at least have an new DB coach.

Comment

We were all singing praises for Undlin not that long ago. What the hell happened???

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              We were all singing praises for Undlin not that long ago. What the hell happened???
              I don't think I have ever sang his praises. We simply have spent too much capital both draft, free agents and trade capital on the position to not have anything more than slot corner going into next year.

Comment

LeBlanc, Maddox, Jenkins, McLeod are all solid. He had a lot more talent to work with than you might think. Then again they were never all healthy at the same time. Then again there was quite a bit of confusion back there so who's to blame for that? Undlin or Schwartz?

Comment

Ill choose all of the above to blame for the confusion back there. In fact its the Coaches and the players. To have two veteran safeties have that much confusion its really bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X