• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers Acquire Jason Kapono

For Reggie Evans.

Link to follow

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4246006

Comment

I was travelling so couldn't comment until now. This is a real strong deal from the Sixers perspective. With Brand & Jason Smith returning as well as with the emergence of Speights, minutes would be tough to come by for Evans in the front court. Meanwhile, the worst 3 point shooting team in the league the last 2 years running picks up a sharp shooter. Good deal (even with the extra salary). With that said, I appreciate the heart and desire with which Evans plays and I wish him well north of the border.

Comment

Now, we need to move AI2 for Ben Gordon, and then convince Kevin McHale he needs Samuel Dalembert for some expiring contracts and we'll be eastern conference champs within 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
          I was travelling so couldn't comment until now. This is a real strong deal from the Sixers perspective. With Brand & Jason Smith returning as well as with the emergence of Speights, minutes would be tough to come by for Evans in the front court. Meanwhile, the worst 3 point shooting team in the league the last 2 years running picks up a sharp shooter. Good deal (even with the extra salary). With that said, I appreciate the heart and desire with which Evans plays and I wish him well north of the border.

I agree - as long as the forwards being used are mostly Brand and Speights.

I think this is a good deal - my only concern is everyone is thinking of the Kapono of three years ago and i have no idea if it is the same guy. That and is apparent reputation of porous defense. I'll trust that EJ can put him in the right spots of his Princeton offense.

Comment

Kapono is supposed to at least add a little more defense than Kyle Korver did. I know it's not saying much but if we're looking for silver linings. . . .

Plus Kapono's 3 pt. average even if it has trended down is still better than anyone on the Sixers.

Comment

Working...
            X