X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAAAAAnother 1-2-3 for Lidge

20 saves on the year

Comment

With that 1-2-3 save, Lidge has 94 for his Phillies career tying Tug McGraw

Who is in first you ask? Jose Mesa with 112

Comment

Don't put Brad into non-save situations please!

Comment

What was Charlie doing last night any way? Use your other relievers and hope that they can hold a 6 run lead.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I turned it off after the 7th. I assume Charlie decided to give Lidge some work?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
              I turned it off after the 7th. I assume Charlie decided to give Lidge some work?

and Madson!

Lidge comes in, gets an out but then hit & 3 walks later (including walking in a run), he pulls Lidge and Contreras gets the last 2 outs.

Comment

That's the Lidge we know - only in there in saves situations

Also, Tyler Clippard was in his 70th something game, and Ryan Madson was in the 40th - And we think Madson gets overused!

Comment

I read Lidge had another 1-2-3

I wasn't able to watch it, how did his stuff look?

Comment

tremendous.

it wasn't even a question. He got a first pitch strike on Heywood Jablome and was able to get him out easily. Wrapped up 2nd and 3rd batters with no problem.

Comment

That was as good as I have ever seen him. Went after the first strike and then had a killer slider. When he does that he is money but I don't know that I can ever feel he will do that when he comes in. I always will have a sinking feeling in my stomach after the last year and a half of watching him put runners on and then letting them in.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

His slider is back to unhittable. I am concerned that some top hitters in the playoffs will take those out of the zone sliders and his fastball has lost velocity but he looked like '08 Lidge last night. I think the crowd took him back in time.

Comment

In the post game interview Sarge remarked that Lidge's slider was just "filthy". Gotta like the fact that he's going right after the hitters in the 9th. 11 pitches to go 1-2-3 was nice to watch. The Phils are firing on all cylinders right now & with The Beast on the mound tonight & Oswalt on Wednesday I smell a sweep. Atlanta could miss out on the wildcard with the way the Rockies & Giants are playing. 11 games to go, should be interesting.
                          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                            His slider is back to unhittable. I am concerned that some top hitters in the playoffs will take those out of the zone sliders and his fastball has lost velocity but he looked like '08 Lidge last night. I think the crowd took him back in time.
                            That was the best Lidge slider I've seen in a long time last night. Of course, it helps that there were no baserunners. Something happens to his pitches when he goes from the stretch.
                            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Got the job done again last night.
                              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

with someone on base no less!

Comment

Working...
                                X