X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaruba most likely to practice squad-rules are very complicated

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Rules are complicated, but I think Shorr-Parks still messed them up a bit. His player list may be accurate, but not the specific reasons for them.

Hamilton for example does not have an accrued season, but should be eligible because he has just two practice squad years in the past (limit is three). Only 4 of the 10 spots can go to players with accrued seasons (up to two accrued seasons, provided they were not gameday active very often).

The international player thing he mentions is only for NFL South teams this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
      Rules are complicated, but I think Shorr-Parks still messed them up a bit. His player list may be accurate, but not the specific reasons for them.

Hamilton for example does not have an accrued season, but should be eligible because he has just two practice squad years in the past (limit is three). Only 4 of the 10 spots can go to players with accrued seasons (up to two accrued seasons, provided they were not gameday active very often).

The international player thing he mentions is only for NFL South teams this year.

Just when you think NFL rules couldn't get anymore complicated (or stupider).
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Rules are complicated, no doubt, but if someone were paying me to understand them I think I would make that my business. The internet has not helped print media, but when message boards are more informative and accurate than "reporters" ..... Propa to FairOaks. Not so much for ESP.
        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post

FairOaks,

Do you know what the rational is for this exception being allowed only for NFL South teams?

And does the exception exist for both the AFC and NFC South Divisions?

Comment

Both NFC and AFC South teams are close to Mexico, and the NFL believes in open borders?
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              FairOaks,

Do you know what the rational is for this exception being allowed only for NFL South teams?

And does the exception exist for both the AFC and NFC South Divisions?
              Sorry I meant NFC South. It's something the NFLPA and NFL agreed on, to let the league experiment with a training path for foreign players. So, this year the NFL chose to try it with just the NFC South teams (division chosen randomly) -- they will each get an extra international practice squad player. I guess having an entire division have the player keeps the competitive balance between them, and for balancing the rest of the league, that extra player is not allowed to be added to the active roster.

The players have apparently already been selected:
              https://www.sbnation.com/2017/5/25/1...rnational-2017

Comment

Working...
              X