Observations Eagles Bears game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations Eagles Bears game

A win is a win is a win but some of these we seem to be making it tougher on ourselves than we need to.

1. I thought Wentz played yet another very good game. No turnovers, 67% completion rate (should have been higher), no INT against a very stout Bears pass defense. He did this all with just about zero from his receivers. He miss a couple of throws in this game but something just seems to be off with his timing to Jeffrey, his timing to Sproles. Both of them look slower now than I have ever seen them. Wondering if that is the issue?

2. Jordan Howard and Miles Sanders are providing an excellent pair of running backs. They are hard to defend as they both can do most things. Sanders is a little better in the Passing Game and Howard is better in the Run game but Sanders is coming on there. Why you would ever use Sproles just boggles my mind.

3. If we fail to make the playoffs this year the receivers should shoulder a big part of the blame. Another 4 drops, 3 more passes that would have required a better than average catch that are dropped. Another game where one outside reciever position posts 1 catch for 5 yards. Mack Hollins has more penalty yards than catch yards. Its a mess right now.

4. Thank god we have Ertz and Goedert those two are just killer on a defense. When you defend one the other is open. That screen to Goedert at the end of was a thing of beauty.

5. I will say this again this is the worst year that Malcolm Jenkins has had as an Eagle. He is missing tackles at an alarming rate, seems to be to blame more than his fair share on the busted coverage. Is age catching up? Is he trying to play his way out of town at the end of the year because of his contract? Either way the self proclaimed leader of the defense needs to step up in a big way down the stretch.

6. I know we track the play of defense ends by how many sacks they get but boy Derrick Barnett seems to tee up sacks for the others on the line more than I think we all realize. Some of that is he is failing to close the deal and some of it is the athleticism of the QB's in the league.

7. The kid Avery showed some burst, he looks really small though. One trick pony for this defense. Not sure that is ever worth a 4th round pick.

8. The young DT's are holding up. Rush is a load to move in the middle.

Overall a win is a win is a win. And now we get a weeks rest to try and figure out the WR issues. I would bring in Jordan Mathews and maybe even another receiver at this point
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Originally posted by taz View Post
    5. I will say this again this is the worst year that Malcolm Jenkins has had as an Eagle. He is missing tackles at an alarming rate, seems to be to blame more than his fair share on the busted coverage. Is age catching up? Is he trying to play his way out of town at the end of the year because of his contract? Either way the self proclaimed leader of the defense needs to step up in a big way down the stretch.
    did the team ever do anything for him financially when he was upset with his contract? I know there was talk that we would, but I don't recall anything happening.

he's the same playmaker at the line. Horrible in support against WRs. Could be age. Could be all the different corner starters this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
      did the team ever do anything for him financially when he was upset with his contract? I know there was talk that we would, but I don't recall anything happening.

he's the same playmaker at the line. Horrible in support against WRs. Could be age. Could be all the different corner starters this year.
      I don't think he is the same playmaker at the line either. He got faked out of his jock several times yesterday, same thing the week before.

He just isn't the same player at age 32. No the Eagles never gave him more money but honestly that is the right call.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

In my mind they are going to cut Sendejo and add a WR off the scrap heap in some way now. The CBs are getting healthier and LeBlanc should be back which frees you up to let Maddox play more FS/SS.

I'm ok with resigning Jordan Matthews I guess. He knows the offense.

But man I'd reach out to TO or AB. Or what about Dez?
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Lol TO!
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X