Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT 2011 Week #2: Eagles at Falcons, 8:20pm (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT 2011 Week #2: Eagles at Falcons, 8:20pm (NBC)

9/12/11 Injury Updates...

Darryl Tapp, pec strain, day-to-day

Akeem Jordan, slight shoulder (labrum) tear, out for Sunday.

Juqua Parker, foot, X-rays negative.

Vince Young ran today. Getting closer. Will probably be available Sunday.

More negative view of the Tapp injury. Not real concerned myself since I'd love to see Hunt on the field.

Eagles DE Darryl Tapp "tore (his pectoral muscle) pretty good" in Sunday's win over the Rams.

Tapp suffered the injury late in the game after tallying three tackles, a sack and forced fumble. HC Andy Reid said he isn't expecting the injury to be a long-term issue, but it seems unlikely that Tapp will be able to take the field when the Eagles visit Atlanta in Week 2.
    Details on Jordan...

Reserve Eagles WLB Akeem Jordan's right shoulder injury has been diagnosed as a "slight" labrum tear.

He'll reportedly "struggle to practice" this week, so his odds of being active in Week 2 against the Falcons are not looking good. Jordan's absence would presumably lead to more snaps for Keenan Clayton behind starter Moise Fokou.

Comment

The Eagles have been 2-0 to start the season only ONE time since 1994. I know they've always been slow starters, but that's crazy.

The only time they started 2-0 was 2004 when they went to the Super Bowl.

In the last 17 years they've gone 1-1 (12) times, and 0-2 (4) times.

Comment

Here are the Week #2 TV Maps!!!!!
        http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk2.html

Comment

9/14/11 Injury update...

The following did not practice today:
          > DRC (ankle)
          > Tapp (pec)
          > Young (hamstring)

Comment

9/14/11 Updates...

Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg hinted that he plans on getting the ball to Jeremy Maclin more going forward.

Maclin had just one catch in the opener, but was on the field more than any other receiver. That's a clear statement that the Eagles aren't concerned at all with Maclin's health despite his absence during training camp. "I felt fine," Maclin said after the game. "My legs are fresh. It wasn't any of that." He figures to be a much bigger factor in Sunday's game against the Falcons.
            Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey blamed the Bears' Tampa-2 defense for the conservative passing game shown in Week 1.

Matt Ryan averaged just 10.2 yards-per-completion, including a meager 7.6 yards-per-catch for Roddy White. "There were a number of times where we tried to get the ball deep, but that's Tampa-2," Mularkey said. "That's the scheme of things and that's probably the most check downs that I can remember that I've ever been involved with." We're still expecting the Falcons to open up the offensive significantly this year, starting Sunday against the Eagles' more aggressive defense.

Comment

Eagles 34
              Falcons 31

Eagles get down early but rookie kicker wins it in the final minute.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

If we get down early, I am gonna be worried. Atlanta is built to maintain a lead. Now, they don't have a D to stop offenses, but the can run the ball

Comment

Per Jeff McLane...

Brian Rolle said that he's been playing some first team WIL in the base defense ahead of Moise Fokou.
                  The Eagles are expected to rotate rookie Brian Rolle with starter Moise Fokou at weak-side linebacker this week.

Rolle has impressed since the lockout ended in late July, but he's an undersized sixth-round pick at 5'11/229. Fokou was the Week 1 culprit on Steven Jackson's game-opening 49-yard touchdown run. Rolle was previously only a nickel 'backer, so the suspect Eagles linebacker corps is experiencing more turnover. The Falcons should be able to gash them with the run in Week 2.
                  Last edited by YourPalChrisMal; 09-14-2011, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                    Here are the Week #2 TV Maps!!!!!
                    http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk2.html
                    Interesting that we get Chicago @ NO and not Seattle @ Pittsburgh.

(Suits me fine though.)

Comment

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-...-falcons-talk/

Rolle on the Roll
                      Tommy Lawlor

Brian Rolle got some snaps as the starting WLB in today’s practice. What do we make of this? First, since he’s my long lost son I’m pretty proud. Please call home, Junior.

I wrote a few places about the problems Moise Fokou had vs the run. I know some fans hear the phrase “gap responsibility” and think that is some code word to protect the players you want and criticize others. Not the case.

Go re-watch Steven Jackson’s TD run. Pause it at the :07 mark. You’ll see the LDE and both DTs in okay position. You’ll see Casey and Chaney coming upfield under control. The play is headed to that side of the field (Jackson’s right). He sees there is no room and cuts back to the left. This is where Fokou should be. Unfortuantely Moise was so fired up to get to the ball that he got out of his gap responsibility. That made it easy for the OL to come up and block him. Once that was done, there was an interstate to the endzone. Kurt Coleman should have gotten off his block. That would have helped.

There is no guarantee that Fokou staying in that gap would have stopped the play. Jackson is a talented RB. He could have broken a tackle and still gotten to the endzone. The difference is that then you know he’s physically beating you. He had to earn it. Missed assignments make it easy on him.

Fokou had multiple plays where he was out of position. That opened the door for Rolle. Recently I heard Andy Reid or some other Eagles guy state that Rolle had the best training camp of anyone on the team. I don’t know if that was a legit comment or just some PR talk. Regardless, Rolle impressed people in practice. He then played well in the preseason games. He was good on Sunday. He’s passed every test so far with flying colors. Rolle has earned the right to get a shot at WLB if Fokou is going to miss assignments and be sloppy.

I would imagine Fokou keeps his job this week. This could be a warning to him to clean up the mistakes. He’s now officially on a short leash.

Comment

9/15/11 Update...

Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg indicated that Steve Smith (knee) is "in the middle" of becoming a bigger part of the offense.

Smith is a fine player when fully healthy, but we'll believe this bigger role when we see it. He's not as talented as Jeremy Maclin, and Michael Vick has complete trust in Jason Avant as the third-down receiver. The Eagles will have to go four-wide on a regular basis for Smith to accrue fantasy value.

Comment

I am so sick of the media

"How will Michael Vick handle his return" "How will the fans react to Vick"

I'm pretty sure Vick already returned to Atl - and Im pretty sure he scored a touchdown and Im pretty sure the fans already reacted when he entered the game and when he scored.

I hate ESPN

Comment

9/16/11 Updates...

> Jason Peters left practice today with a sore foot/achilles. Reid said he's OK. Still, Jeff McLane is saying he is questionable for Sunday. Not good. (OR could it be that Peters is preparing to go against Trent Cole this weekend like Scouts Inc said?!)

> Vince Young practiced today, but is questionable.

> Darryl Tapp is out for Sunday. Hello Phillip Hunt.

> Akeen Jordan is doubtful.

> DRC practiced and says he's healthy.

Comment

Is Jeremy Maclin Poised For A Breakout Against Falcons?

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...gainst-falcons

Is Jeremy Maclin Poised For A Breakout Against Falcons?

Jeremy Maclin's career is still just basically getting underway as he heads into his third year, but so far he seems to be emerging as somewhat of a Falcons killer. The Eagles will play the Falcons for the third straight year this week and in the previous two contests, Maclin has come up big.

In his rookie year, Maclin caught four passes for 83 yards at the Georgia Dome, including a 56 yarder. He also returned a punt 27 yards in that game.

Last year, in a week 6 game at the Linc, Maclin was flat out dominant. He nabbed seven catches for 159 yards and a pair of TDs.

With a game under his belt to get back up to speed, in that dome in Atlanta, is Maclin poised for his first breakout game of the year?

Comment

Working...
                              X