No announcement yet.

The half full view........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pull, Stevie. I didn't realize just how mediocre Reid's teams had started out, to finish with some pretty good records. 4 times being around 50%, TO END WITH AN 11-5 OR BETTER FINISH. WOW.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

OOPS....my negative side just kicked in, and I remember just how bad at least 2 teams of the NFC East have been thru that stretch. Even the pathetic Foreskins are not as bad as the USED to be.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Re: The half full view........

Originally posted by MDFAN
        Do you realize that we are only 2 (very poor) 4th qtrs away from being 6 and 0?

If the D just plays average, not even good, just average in the Giants 4th qtr and the Saints 4th qtr... we are 6 and 0.

Just trying to show that they aren't "that" far away from being a very good team.

Agree 100%.
        First NO is better than most of us our giving credit.
        Second take away the muff/collision, whatever we probably win. The Giants game a play here or there same thing.
        Third we have a long way to go in this season.
        Fourth , the only team that looks really better week in and week out is Chicago, maybe Denver. Indy has been very lucky to stay undefeated.
        Most importantly we still look better than anyone in this division.
        Look at our remaining schedule, sure every game could/will be a battle, but there is not a game there that we should not win. We are not going undefeated the rest of the year, Tampa should be a guarantee, but this is the NFL.
        We execute we win, Coaches included.
        Come on get over it. We are not any further behind than most of us thought going into the year.
        Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle

If the D just plays average, not even good, just average in the Giants 4th qtr and the Saints 4th qtr... we are 6 and 0.

Just trying to show that they aren't "that" far away from being a very good team.

Agree 100%.
          First NO is better than most of us our giving credit.
          Second take away the muff/collision, whatever we probably win. The Giants game a play here or there same thing.
          Third we have a long way to go in this season.
          Fourth , the only team that looks really better week in and week out is Chicago, maybe Denver. Indy has been very lucky to stay undefeated.
          Most importantly we still look better than anyone in this division.
          Look at our remaining schedule, sure every game could/will be a battle, but there is not a game there that we should not win. We are not going undefeated the rest of the year, Tampa should be a guarantee, but this is the NFL.
          We execute we win, Coaches included.
          Come on get over it. We are not any further behind than most of us thought going into the year.
          The thing is you can't take away those plays. They happened and they continue to happen. This team needs to show me that defensively they can stop someone other than the little sisters of the poor. Until they do we are not going anywhere.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Andy Reid to Jim Johnson: "Until we show that we can stop someone other than the little sisters of the poor, we aren't going anywhere."

Jim says, "If you can tell Marty that most NFL offenses don't just play by shock and awe, that'll help too."

AR: "But they're so damn good at it!"
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

"The thing is you can't take away those plays."

Just as you can't take away the fact that they are still 4 and 2. And if they win the next 2(both winnable IMO), they will be 6 and 2 at the bye--- which many, if not most, said they hoped they would be at the bye.

Is it just me or has there been many more "weird" (non ordiinary)things happening this year on the field? The muffed punt return, the blown coverages-- not just on our D but on teams we have played as well, missed calls by the refs............ Just me?

Comment

"The thing is you can't take away those plays."

Just as you can't take away the fact that they are still 4 and 2. And if they win the next 2(both winnable IMO), they will be 6 and 2 at the bye--- which many, if not most, said they hoped they would be at the bye.

Is it just me or has there been many more "weird" (non ordiinary)things happening this year on the field? The muffed punt return, the blown coverages-- not just on our D but on teams we have played as well, missed calls by the refs............ Just me?
                When is the last time an AR team had 12 men on the field. They need to eliminate the mental mistakes.
                Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                  Correction. I'm not negative. Just
                  a nitwit?

(sorry couldnt resist.)

Comment

Sounds like it was a good game to watch.
                    I don't know how the Eagles played since we lost power
                    but it was interesting to hear that we came back to tie
                    the game late then lost at the end.

I think the Eagles have shown a lot on offense this year.
                    The defense, well that's another story as you say MD. The
                    defense has time to adjust and put it together with 10 games left to play. Overall, i think we have a pretty good team and still have the division
                    lead at 4-2.

Comment

"I don't know how the Eagles played since we lost power
                      but it was interesting to hear that we came back to tie
                      the game late then lost at the end. "

It's actually a little worse SE-- we actually had come back not only to tie but to take a 7 point lead-- and then let in 10 unanswered points to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
                        Originally posted by FRESH
                        Correction. I'm not negative. Just
                        a nitwit?

(sorry couldnt resist.)
                        I resemble that remark!

Comment

I'm really not quite sure what to think at this point. I would hate to look at our 4th quarter defensive statistics. I'm sure they are not good. The offense seems to be O.K. I love the quick strike ability, but it does seem that they have trouble sustaining drives. Running the football is almost an afterthought, although I was pleasantly surprised to see them rush for a 1st down on 3rd and 1 for a change. I'm guessing our 3rd down percentage is not that good either, and I'll bet it's even worse in the second half. That being said, I don't see the offense as a problem, and I think we'll be fine there.

The defense is definitely a cause for concern. They've always been a defense that will give up yardage, but in the past they were stingy with points, and seldom got burned on big plays. That is no longer the case. They are giving up points, sustained drives, and big plays. I'd hate to look at their 4th quarter statistics. They are allowing teams to hang around, and the good teams that we've played have either won, or been in a position to win in the 4th quarter, because the defense has allowed them to drive down the field.

I honestly don't know how to fix this, as I don't see it as a personnel issue, other than Michael Lewis, who really needs to get his head out of his ass.

I'm hoping that they're just not playing well, and will get their $hit together for the stretch run, and playoffs. If they continue to play the way they're playing, we'll be lucky to make the playoffs, and will probably make a quick exit if we do. The defense is not nearly as good as I suspected it would be at this point.

Comment

Confuses the heck out of me. They're getting excellent DL pressure - if the sacks are any indicator - but they're giving up all these passing yards and allowing long drives? I can't imagine that it's mainly Michael Lewis -- I wonder how much he got picked on by Houston or New York?

They'll adapt, no doubt. They did bench Lewis in the 4th quarter, but still gave up an 8 minute drive. I know you have to count the 12-men-on-the-field penalty, but jeezus. I hope to hell they fix it. If we had anyone other than Five at QB, we probably would've lost soundly.
                            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                            X