My Thoughts on this Virtual Draft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thoughts on this Virtual Draft...

Overall I thought this draft in general went well. Under the circumstances it was refreshing to see the Coaches & GM's in their own environment with their families, which was Very Cool. After all these guys have real lives just like the rest of us.
    As for the Birds the common theme was SPEED,SPEED, & MORE SPEED!.I think Doug saw what Andy & the Chiefs had done with Speed and him & Howie knew what their goal was going into the Draft. 3 speedy WR's, 2 fast LB's, help on ST's and OL help as well.
    The Hurts pick was a head scratcher but I've come around on it. Sounds like Sudfeld wanys to be a starter and I don't blame him but Hurts would be the backup QB. Birds would be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th for Nate.
    Overall I'm giving the Birds a B for the 2020 Draft.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

I think a B is a solid grade for the draft. I gave them the same grade.
    Sometimes and I will say I fell into this trap we over react to the first few picks. Have the take the entire draft into account. The theme was obvious and anyone who watched this team last year could see SPEED & Quickness, the team lacked it in all aspects. The addressed it at LB, they addressed it at in the offensive line. Both the Prince and Driscoll have speed and quickness (they lack strength but that can be added). Wallace is more quick than fast but certainly not slow. Oh yeah they got four jackrabbits at WR.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Virtual draft.....I thought Goodell looked like a smacked ass trying to get people fired up on his TV monitor. Would much rather see each coach and each GM announce their pick in round one and two and then whatever in the other rounds

Speed is important no doubt. Their lack of it was very evident last year. But you have to be a player also. If you get there and miss the tackle or don;t catch the ball we lose. Having said that I like what they did in getting faster if these guys can play. They addressed needs at LB, S, CB nicely I thought. The two OTs...eh we will see how they pan out. I don't see either replacing Dillard but I do think they can be good guards and probably good swing depth.
      The only way that Hurts pick is smart at all is if they have plans to use him in packages. That is certainly the theme but it also could be the rationalization. If he isn't impacting the team on the field this year it was a poor pick AT THAT SLOT. If he does get on the field and make plays Howie & Co get lauded.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Working...
      X