X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Vin !

Comment

Well guys, good news and bad news.

Bad news is that i'm getting laid off due to covid.

Goods new being i'll have plenty of time to work on the site.

So expect in a couple weeks, all this shit will be fixed. Updating to first week of JULY.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the layoff vin. I got laid off on April 21 and brought back for 6 weeks when they got a PPP loan. Once July 10 hits, I’m out of work again. It sucks and unfortunately there are not many jobs in architecture at my level right now. Not sure what I’m going to do but something will open up. Hopefully you have a better opportunity landscape.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          Sorry to hear about the layoff vin. I got laid off on April 21 and brought back for 6 weeks when they got a PPP loan. Once July 10 hits, I’m out of work again. It sucks and unfortunately there are not many jobs in architecture at my level right now. Not sure what I’m going to do but something will open up. Hopefully you have a better opportunity landscape.

Juk,

You and SF and anyone else who's employment has been seriously effected by the Clovid virus have my sincere sympathies. I'm lucky enough to be retired so the singularly important concerns re: employment do not impact me directly. But I can remember going through an extended period of unemployment/underemployment in my late 20's and recall how it ate at me in many ways, not simply the obvious loss of income.

Hang in there my friends!

Comment

Tino... great to read this comment. I have been back on the board for a week or so and hadn't seen anything from you yet man. Glad you are here.

SF... I am sorry to read this. I'm late on that because I myself was furloughed and just returned last week with better computer access.

Juk... hope you are OK man.

Crazy times. I'm ready for anything including another furlough and/or potentially a permanent layoff. I've never been so happy that my wife and I have chosen to live below well below our means.

We will get through this. It is a good time to thank God that we live in a country that has a safety net. Remember billions of people are going through this without access to food aid, unemployment benefits, or even a roof over their heads.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

AW,
              One would think I've got a lot of times on my hands. Four licensed vehicles for two people, the "newest" of which is a 2007 Hyundai van; a large frame/clapboard house that is just short of 200 years old; 2 acres of lawn, shrubs, and gardens; taking care of the grounds of the elderly widow who lives next door and maintaining all my ageing yard machines keeps me busy. I have little time left for the local brothels, opium dens, and computer time. Fortunately, I enjoy working on the house and in the yard and on the motorized yard equipment. I used to enjoy working on the motor vehicles. Now I do it mostly because I do better work than the many of the slugs that pass for mechanics these days...and I work a lot cheaper.

Other than our one extravagance...a beach condo in Florida...Gail and I also live very modestly. This has been especially true since the Clovid virus dropped in for a visit. We get together with our daughter's little family about once a month and that's it. It's phone contact only with our friends since we returned from Florida in late April. (They're mostly all ageing old farts likes us who are also being 'careful'.) We are careful but not obsessive with our virus precautions. This is true of virtually everyone in our area of upstate NY. There's very, very little friction between people on masking and distancing. Locals got the 'memo' when the NY City area was on the edge of dropping into the abyss. Some of the restrictions Cuomo imposed initially were unpopular but most are now grateful for his strong, 'no-fucking-around-with-half-measures' approach. The virus in ALL of NY state now seems pretty much under control and New Yorkers seem intent on keeping it that way. We may be opinionated, occasionally rude and a little crazy but, with a few notable exceptions, we're not stupid.

"That's my story and I'm sticking to it". Colin Quinn

Comment

It's all good. I'm thankful to be in a position where i've saved for this rainy day and i get to spend more time with my kids. It's been nice. I'll start panicking in 3 months.

As for the site, I think maybe Thursday or Friday morning I'll take it down to work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                  AW,
                  One would think I've got a lot of times on my hands. Four licensed vehicles for two people, the "newest" of which is a 2007 Hyundai van; a large frame/clapboard house that is just short of 200 years old; 2 acres of lawn, shrubs, and gardens; taking care of the grounds of the elderly widow who lives next door and maintaining all my ageing yard machines keeps me busy. I have little time left for the local brothels, opium dens, and computer time. Fortunately, I enjoy working on the house and in the yard and on the motorized yard equipment. I used to enjoy working on the motor vehicles. Now I do it mostly because I do better work than the many of the slugs that pass for mechanics these days...and I work a lot cheaper.

Other than our one extravagance...a beach condo in Florida...Gail and I also live very modestly. This has been especially true since the Clovid virus dropped in for a visit. We get together with our daughter's little family about once a month and that's it. It's phone contact only with our friends since we returned from Florida in late April. (They're mostly all ageing old farts likes us who are also being 'careful'.) We are careful but not obsessive with our virus precautions. This is true of virtually everyone in our area of upstate NY. There's very, very little friction between people on masking and distancing. Locals got the 'memo' when the NY City area was on the edge of dropping into the abyss. Some of the restrictions Cuomo imposed initially were unpopular but most are now grateful for his strong, 'no-fucking-around-with-half-measures' approach. The virus in ALL of NY state now seems pretty much under control and New Yorkers seem intent on keeping it that way. We may be opinionated, occasionally rude and a little crazy but, with a few notable exceptions, we're not stupid.

"That's my story and I'm sticking to it". Colin Quinn
                  We are leaving next week for a camp at Brantingham Lake. Gotta do the 2 week quarantine, planning on staying 6-8 weeks. It’s crazy here in SWFL. We are gonna try to drive it straight thru. I don’t want to be in motels any more than necessary.

Comment

ok THIS IS THE WEEK. I plan on actually starting work on the site tomorrow morning. And we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Best of luck with it vin. knock off the rust and you might be surprised you remember more than you thought. People on the site certainly appreciate coming here. Thanks
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        Best of luck with it vin. knock off the rust and you might be surprised you remember more than you thought. People on the site certainly appreciate coming here. Thanks
                        It's been bothering me that the mobile site doesn't work. I'm gonna try to tackle it myself and if that doesn't work, pay a freelancer to update it for me.

What i really need though is someone to update the banner/logo. Anyone know a designer?

Comment

Unfortunately I can't even use crayola. Only kid I know who got an F in writing and art from the nuns.
                          On the bright side it is older but accurate. At least it doesn't show friggin Chip Kelly
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                            Unfortunately I can't even use crayola. Only kid I know who got an F in writing and art from the nuns.
                            On the bright side it is older but accurate. At least it doesn't show friggin Chip Kelly
                            It's missing our SUPER BOWL TROPHY!

Comment

Working...
                            X