Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective

Eagles fans grading the draft:

1. Reagor (B - like the speed but too many drops)
    2. Hurts (F - WTF! Howie needs to be fired!)
    3. Taylor (C - too raw and inexperienced, probably just a Special Teams guy next year)
    4. Wallace (A - Awesome pick, can play anywhere in the secondary)

Overall : D (because of Hurts)

Now if they did this:

1. Reagor (B, like the speed but too many drops)
    2. Wallace (B+ , would have preferred Chinn but Awesome pick, can play anywhere in the secondary)
    3. Hurts (B, WTF! Howie with a shocker but Hurts is awesome!)
    4. Taylor (B+, raw and inexperienced but a great athlete and value in round 4)

Overall : B+

Chad Reuter on NFL.com had us taking Wallace in the second round by the way.
    So in one case Hurts is a reach and Wallace is great value and in the other Wallace is a reach Hurts is great value.
    Last edited by rspurr; 04-26-2020, 10:35 AM.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Just trying to figure out who you are referring to when you say "Eagles fans grading the draft:"?

Because I know I disagree and so does it seem most of the board. D???

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Just trying to figure out who you are referring to when you say "Eagles fans grading the draft:"?

Because I know I disagree and so does it seem most of the board. D???
      Not all Eagles fans but many are calling for Howie’s head over the Hurts pick.
      Kist and Solak are just killing Howie over it. I’m sure BLG and Kempski will too. They say they are trying to recreate 2017 which is total BS.

My thoughts:
      2017 wasn’t an outlier. We needed the backup in 2018 and 2019 as well. Every team loses their QB at some point. Having more than one good QB isn’t a problem unless your starter is a selfish prick (and many are - Rodgers). Since 2002, we have won 4 division titles, 5 playoff appearances, 5 playoff wins, and 1 Super Bowl because they had quality back ups:
      2002 - Feeley and Detmer keep us a float and we get the 1 seed.
      2006 - Garcia leads to division and playoff win vs Giants. Lose by 3 to Saints in divisional round.
      2010 - Vick takes over from Kobb and leads us to division. Lose by 5 to eventual SB champ GB.
      2013 - Foles takes over for Vick and lead us to division title. Lose to Saints by 2 in playoff.
      2017 - SB
      2018 - Foles again - playoffs , 1 win
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Not sure what that all means... yes it is very nice to have good backups! Who would disagree?

And I'm not sure all, or most Eagle fans fall into the D basket. JIMHO.

Comment

I am disappointed we didn’t make a move up to take a better receiver in Lamb (and prevent Dallas for getting him which seemed obvious at pick 14). I am also frustrated that they took Hurts in the second round instead of Mims. I like having Hurts but I do think he would have been there in the third round. After the second round I think they did a great job. Regardless even with the two first round blunders I have to give them at least a solid B for this draft. (I could be talked into a B+ or maybe even an A- if the girl talking me into it is hot enough!)

I like all of the players we came away with but I think they passed on better options. Time will tell if they made the right call or not. Unfortunately if they were wrong, Dallas is going to be damn hard to beat over the next few years.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I am pretty much in line with Juk but would add that you HAVE TO hit on your first two picks. Overall, I think they did a good job addressing areas of need. What we don't know is whether anyone was willing to trade. Could they have moved up for Lamb or could they have moved down and gotten Reagor. We will have pretty solid evidence in a couple years of the pick decision although not the trade situation. Jefferson, a much higher rated WR, was picked one pick after Reagor. Much like last year with JJAW and Metcalf although not next pick. Let's watch those careers.
            As for Hurts, maybe they have a plan. However, no one jumped on a QB between that pick and our LB Taylor pick. But there were 10 (I believe) safeties and LBs taken between those picks. Should we have gone after the TOP LB of that group with pick 2 and Hurts with pick 3. Botoom line with this pick is if Hurts is on the field in a variety of packages this year then great. If he is #2 QB then okay. If he is #3 QB and doesn't see the field this year it is a bad pick.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Working...
            X