My Effin Take Vs. The Cowgirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Effin Take Vs. The Cowgirls

1. McNabb is simply great at this point. Nuff said.
    2. Lack of a running game WILL hurt us later on in the year. The quick strike offense is magnificent to watch, but I am very concerned about our defense getting tired after a quick score or a 13 second 3 and out.
    3. LJ Smith played like crap. Take away the 60 yard seam catch and he was the second worst player for the Eagles.
    4. The worse, yet again, was Dirk Johnson. What Harbaugh and Reid see in this guy is unknown to me. He doesn't punt for distance or hang time, and he certainly isn't a directional punter like Feagles either.
    5. Moats was used as a decoy a number of times. It seemed like the Cowgirls were looking for him to run when he was in.
    6. Shawn Andrews just mauled, and I mean mauled one of the Girls linebackers in the 3rd on a screen pass. He hit the LB so hard he flew threw the air for at least three yards. It was a thing of beauty.
    7. Very impressive showing by the defensive line. Johnson exploited the weakness of the Cowboy interior to the max.
    8. I still think Dallas is a very good team and will be a handful later on in the year.
    9. Bledsoe may be the most immobile QB in the NFL. How could he have run the ball ten yards for a TD?
    10. Julian Jones is a very good RB, and I was very surprised Parcells didn't run more in the second half.
    11. Michael Lewis hit Jason Witten about as hard as humanely possible.
    12. Lito missed a surefire INT in the 1st Q when Howard hit Bledsoe in the arm...
    13. The Eagles still have to understand that this is the easy part of the schedule. We've beaten one good team at this point.
    14. The next five games will either set the Birds up for a great run in the second half, or we'll be hurting...@NO, @TB, J-Ville home, Skins Home and Titans Home...have to go 4-1 in this stretch, have to.

Concerned about the lack of running game too, if only because I want Five to stay out of harm's way, and we want teams to bite on the play action.

I wonder if our DL depth is helping us keep the defense from getting too tired? I mean, with all those long drives, you'd think that Dallas would've taken over the game and Julius Jones would've had 200 yards rushing. I seem to remember Dallas averaging about 4 yards a carry in the 1st half (or more?), but not running as well in the second half, including a few stops on 2nd- and 3rd-and short. Thoughts?

I wondered if our DL rotation kept guys fresh, and Dallas was getting tired. Seriously, I'd hope that if JJ can rotate guys into the game without much of a dropoff in performance (out goes Mike Patterson, in comes LaJuan Ramsey or Broderick Bunkley), and maybe it can help keep the Eagles from getting worn out by these long drives?

I hope that other teams watch the game film and exploit Dallas' weaknesses too!
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Re: My Effin Take Vs. The Cowgirls

Originally posted by Luzinski's Gut
      1. McNabb is simply great at this point. Nuff said.
      2. Lack of a running game WILL hurt us later on in the year. The quick strike offense is magnificent to watch, but I am very concerned about our defense getting tired after a quick score or a 13 second 3 and out.
      3. LJ Smith played like crap. Take away the 60 yard seam catch and he was the second worst player for the Eagles.
      4. The worse, yet again, was Dirk Johnson. What Harbaugh and Reid see in this guy is unknown to me. He doesn't punt for distance or hang time, and he certainly isn't a directional punter like Feagles either.
      5. Moats was used as a decoy a number of times. It seemed like the Cowgirls were looking for him to run when he was in.
      6. Shawn Andrews just mauled, and I mean mauled one of the Girls linebackers in the 3rd on a screen pass. He hit the LB so hard he flew threw the air for at least three yards. It was a thing of beauty.
      7. Very impressive showing by the defensive line. Johnson exploited the weakness of the Cowboy interior to the max.
      8. I still think Dallas is a very good team and will be a handful later on in the year.
      9. Bledsoe may be the most immobile QB in the NFL. How could he have run the ball ten yards for a TD?
      10. Julian Jones is a very good RB, and I was very surprised Parcells didn't run more in the second half.
      11. Michael Lewis hit Jason Witten about as hard as humanely possible.
      12. Lito missed a surefire INT in the 1st Q when Howard hit Bledsoe in the arm...
      13. The Eagles still have to understand that this is the easy part of the schedule. We've beaten one good team at this point.
      14. The next five games will either set the Birds up for a great run in the second half, or we'll be hurting...@NO, @TB, J-Ville home, Skins Home and Titans Home...have to go 4-1 in this stretch, have to.
      Nice run down. Not sure if we are talking about the same play or not on #11 but the thing that will surprise many is that Lewis and Sheppard were involved in a big hit on Whitten but Sheppard was the one who gave the bigger shot.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

My concerns from the game are two and related; clock management (which has been Reid's achillees's heel for years) and lack of 3rd down conversions. I don't care of they run or pass, just as long as they convert on third down. It's imperative MM and AR work together and put a plan that will give us a better 3rd down conversion ratio. Convert 3rd downs, eat more clock.

I don't necessarily think that running guarantees a 3rd down conversion, especially 3rd and longer than 2 (knowing how good some defenses are), but anything less than 3rd and 2 HAS to be converted by either a run or a QB sneak. ONLY if the pass is there they should attempt it...

That's my beef with Reid right now.
        "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Coming into the game we were one of the better 3rd down conversation teams in football. In this game we were not good. Alot of it had to do with dropped passes and some of it had to do with Andy not calling runs but most of it had to do with a VERY GOOD DALLAS DEFENSE. We dropped 31 offensive points on a very very good defense. Reid found there one achillies heal and that is their safties covering the deep ball. He exploited it and we won the frigen game. The Cowboys basically dared us to beat them deep and we did, end of game.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Hey, agreed, that was my concern with THIS game
            "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Working...
            X