Latest bile from SAS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest bile from SAS...

Man oh man, one win can certainly change Screamin's point of view, can't it?
    He sat at the podium with resignation in his heart, too prideful, too stubborn to admit the obvious. Less than one year after provoking his exodus from the City of Brotherly Love, a place he could have owned for years to come, Terrell Owens saw his return to Philadelphia conclude with perhaps the harshest reality imaginable:

That life without Donovan McNabb could very well end up ruining his career.

Owens would never admit this, of course. Such is the mind-set of a superior athlete with a bruised and damaged ego. But when you've spent a week salivating over the opportunity to avenge a perceived wrong, then get slapped silly and rendered helpless because your quarterback is far inferior to the one you once played alongside, Owens doesn't have to admit that he quite likely blew the greatest opportunity in his career.

The rest of us would be happy to do it for him.

The man both affectionately and derisively referred to as T.O. is in a world of trouble, folks. And the sad part is that it has almost nothing to do with his playing ability. With Drew Bledsoe, Owens is playing with a quarterback known more for his bark than his bite, the man whose exit from New England jump-started the era of Tom Brady, who just might give Owens legitimate cause to regress into a state of depression. Purely because he's not good enough.

The Eagles won an epic game on Sunday, 38-24, over the Dallas Cowboys, and judging from the score, you would have thought it was a lopsided contest. While McNabb connected on 18 of 33 passes for 354 yards and two touchdowns, Owens had just three receptions for 45 yards.

Good game for the good guy, while the villain got to eat some crow. Except things weren't that simple in Owens' case. Just sad, even considering that we're talking about Owens.

Bledsoe, for the most part, couldn't tie his shoes, let alone deal with the Eagles' defense. In the first half alone, his immobility and suspect release rendered him fodder. On 13 occasions, he was sacked (twice), hit (six times), or forced to hurry his throw (five times). In other words, the Eagles were all over him.

"I know I was open on several occasions," a visibly, predictably upset Owens said after the game. "We had several opportunities available to us and we just didn't capitalize. Of course I was frustrated. I know what we could have done. I'm not saying any names, but who was pulling the trigger?"

In Sunday's case, it would be McNabb, who struggled last season but now has emerged as a bona fide MVP candidate. Consider the 87-yard bomb McNabb threw to Hank Baskett, the 40-yard hookup with Reggie Brown off a flea-flicker, the 60-yarder to L.J. Smith.

There's no need to ask what T.O. was thinking.

"He's got to be in pain," one Eagle said. "We all know it. He's a great athlete with a tremendous amount of pride, who had to sit back and watch guys who many people would say are not better than him look better than him, purely because they're playing with a great quarterback he still should have been playing for."

What followed was a typical "those are the breaks," but it's much sadder than that.

In Bledsoe, Owens has a quarterback with a great arm, but not great precision and certainly not great legs. He doesn't have a playmaker, someone who can make something happen when a play falls apart.

"We would have been better if we were able to improvise more," Owens said to a teammate shortly after the game.

And coach Bill Parcells isn't helping.

Peek inside the Cowboys' locker room and, according to those close to the players, Parcells was hell-bent on ensuring T.O. wasn't the star on Sunday. Although it's no secret Parcells is partial to wideout Terry Glenn - this season - many believe he purposely didn't want Owens to shine, to avoid the migraines such a colossal ego would cause.

So essentially, Owens, arguably the best receiver in the game, is being limited. Not just by an average and aging quarterback, but also by an agitated coach.

If you're T.O., welcome to a miserable existence. One that isn't about to get better anytime soon.

The question is: How much does he have to look forward to?

Particularly when compared with what he left behind.

I do agree that Owens will probably never get the chance to play with another QB like Donovan. And, being Bledsoe's 2nd or 3rd favorite receiver is not going to help his numbers either.

T.O., you blew it man. You could have had it all here in Philly.

Enjoy the rest of your career as a good, but not great, receiver as far as numbers go.

Comment

Poetic.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I see SAS has adopted the Deion Sanders "I'll be a blowhole for TO" approach. They've all got the same set of talking points -- Bledsoe sucks.

While it may be true, it really undermines the Cowboys and their coaching staff. Great!
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I'm not sure why tou think that's bile, in fact it may be the lone SAS article I actually agree with. T O was loved in Philly. He was thrown the ball even when Donovan probably had more open receivers and better options. He could've had any endorsement deal he wanted, could've watched Andy Reid dance in tights..........He'll never be adored, again, like he was in Philly. The guy absolutely blew it. He could've ended his career as a Hall of Fame receiver in Philly.

Comment

LISKE - Good post.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Finally, SAS writes something that's correct. TO did blow it.

I do find it odd that he keeps saying that "it's sad". What is sad? The guy is a self-absorbed ass. He's getting what he deserves, he's reaping what he's sown.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by pete liske
                I'm not sure why tou think that's bile, in fact it may be the lone SAS article I actually agree with. T O was loved in Philly. He was thrown the ball even when Donovan probably had more open receivers and better options. He could've had any endorsement deal he wanted, could've watched Andy Reid dance in tights..........He'll never be adored, again, like he was in Philly. The guy absolutely blew it. He could've ended his career as a Hall of Fame receiver in Philly.
                I just think its pathetic how SAS has flip-flopped so many times on this. This time last year, he was ripping on McNabb for not backing TO up on the whole contract BS. Now, he says TO should have known how good he had it.
                And you're right...if Eldorado had shut up and played, McNabb-to-Owens would have been in the same class as Young-to-Rice.

Comment

But what about the passes TO dropped? What about watching Lito make the interception instead of playing defender? What about TO throwing Bledsoe under the bus with the trigger comment? Part of what that dipshit says is true but he is way too much of an apologist for TO. Quite simply he is biased for some reason in favor of an egotisical nut case who happens to have great ability as a WR.

Comment

Sounds like the grass is greener is dallas.....

I can't stop laughing

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                      Poetic.
                      Exactly....

McNabb made TO...period. Next question!
                      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk
                        Originally posted by pete liske

I just think its pathetic how SAS has flip-flopped so many times on this. This time last year, he was ripping on McNabb for not backing TO up on the whole contract BS. Now, he says TO should have known how good he had it.
                        And you're right...if Eldorado had shut up and played, McNabb-to-Owens would have been in the same class as Young-to-Rice.
                        Bingo FTD, and Pete this is why this article is Bile.... here is the title--

"Let's face it, T.O. blew it in Philly"

We all had faced it -- it was guys like you, SAS (and a few folks on some message boards that wanted to blame #5) that enabled and encouraged OD in all that crap that got him gone!!!!!!!!!!

And now we should agree with you that OD blew it?????????????????

LMRAO!!!!!!!!

We knew it then and we still know it now -- sorry it has taken you months to swivel hip your way around to this line of thought... maybe you need to send a copy of this to the other pos media person- Irvin!

What a piece of crap you are.

There now I feel better.

Comment

Im sorry its still sad to me. I mean here's a guy I watched play against my high school in football and basketball. I really, really hoped the thing would work. I knew the kid had a big mouth but I really hoped the Eagles could HANDLE him. Especially with the Eagles winning so often.

Maybe had that Roy Williams tackle never happened and maybe had the Eagles won that Superbowl ......well I cant help but think..... what if? He definitely blew it. I mean good things dont last always. TO has to really learn how to humble himself for the GOOD of the team.I dont think he ever will.

I dont harp on that anymore because he's a Cowboy problem now. Im certain now that if TO couldnt make it work with the likes of DMac, Dawk, and Trott. He'll never make anywhere.
                          Im Ready........Im Ready......Im Ready!!!!!!

Comment

SAS is a punk and a fool who belatedly states what any fairminded observer recognized a year ago..."that player" blew it.

Seeing him sitting dejectedly on the Turd's bench Sunday, after watching #5 throw 2 of the sweetest bombs I've ever witnessed, you've got to believe that somewhere in his warped, child-like mind even Owen's reached the same conclusion.

But, "Sad?"...not after last Sunday. As BP said, "Poetic"!

You couldn't possibly script a more fitting and well deserved payoff. Let's just hope that Sunday was the first of many "object lessons" showing Owen's he made the biggest mistake of his life!

Comment

"McNabb made TO...period. Next question!"

I have absolutely no use for Owens, didn't want him here in the beginning and hated what he did to the Philadelphia Eagles. Personally, I wouldn't have shed one tear if he would have fried his pumpkin head with an OD and still look forward to the day he gets lit up. But there is no way I can agree that DMac made Owens (in more ways than one).
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X