Golden Tate an Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Tate an Eagle

3rd round pick for him, A little high as he is a FA at the end of the year but he has the speed we need.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

So Sounds like they are going to leave Wallace or Hollins or perhaps both on IR for the rest of the year. Not sure how they play him. In the slot or on outside. He his great with the ball in his hands.

Comment

Whaaaat ?

A 3rd rounder seems a little high to me also for a guy that probably won't be here next year.

If we were 5-3 and healthy, I might not mind as much. But, we are 4-4 with a ton of injuries. We need help all over the place. We do need a #2 at WR. But, I feel we are hurting more elsewhere. For example, we need a RB that can pass protect. Maybe they are counting on Sproles to return soon.

Comment

A corner would have been nicer or perhaps some 0-line depth or a DT. However, I have no idea if those were available for a reasonable price. We'll plug him in and hope it loosens up the defense. Jordan Matthews playing time will now be greatly diminished I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          Whaaaat ?

A 3rd rounder seems a little high to me also for a guy that probably won't be here next year.

If we were 5-3 and healthy, I might not mind as much. But, we are 4-4 with a ton of injuries. We need help all over the place. We do need a #2 at WR. But, I feel we are hurting more elsewhere. For example, we need a RB that can pass protect. Maybe they are counting on Sproles to return soon.
          Why is it already determined that he won’t be back?

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
            Whaaaat ?

Even if Sproles is back, how long will he last? We need a pass protecting back badly.
            I hope we aren't done.
            I'd really like a corner too. But maybe Douglas is that guy.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
              A corner would have been nicer or perhaps some 0-line depth or a DT. However, I have no idea if those were available for a reasonable price. We'll plug him in and hope it loosens up the defense. Jordan Matthews playing time will now be greatly diminished I imagine.

Bingo. Nobody really wants to get rid of a good player this time of year unless they are out of it already. It's really shocking that Detroit let him go but I'm just happy as hell that he's an Eagle. He can be electric!! I was thinking only Oakland or Zona would give us a decent player and really have no idea why Detroit let him go. I realize that he is most likely a rental but we have a bunch of picks so why not use them? I was hopping for a DT but I guess that none were available. This will be a great boost to the locker room too because this team doesn't quit.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                Why is it already determined that he won’t be back?
                I am not saying he won't. But, we won't really have any more leverage than the other 31 teams vying for his services. For all we know, he may like Detroit.

I guess it depends on whether or not he can develop some chemistry with Wentz and is willing to resign here without breaking the bank.

I just don't want to lose the 3rd rounder this season, because I feel that it is going to be incredibly difficult to go 6-2 the rest of the way with our schedule. The Giants game is the only one left that on paper looks like an easy win. But, you can't even take them for granted.

If Jernigan and Sproles somehow make it back after the bye, it will help. But, we still have to deal with Lane being out a while and a depleted secondary.

Comment

Oh, and the Texas have traded for D Thomas. That makes our game against them even tougher.

Texans, Rams and Saints. Ouch.

Comment

I do like this comment from the Lions forum:

"I just realized that Cowboys fans are going what ??? and we gave up a first for Cooper?"

At least the Cowboys get Cooper back next year. But, I like our trade for Tate more than the Dallas trade for Cooper.

Comment

I should have known that Howie is no fool. I am sure he has a plan, probably this one:

"Eagles are successfully exploiting the compensatory pick system in trading a 2019 third-rounder for Golden Tate. Philadelphia probably won't re-sign Tate after the year, but given their cap situation, they're also likely going to sit out free agency. Doing so will net them a comp pick for Tate in the 2020 draft, one which will most likely come in the fourth round. The Lions have $36 million in cap space and major holes on defense, so they're far more likely to spend in free agency this offseason, which would have blocked them from getting a comp pick for Tate."

Comment

A couple of things, my first reaction was wow a 3rd for Tate. Then when you think about it if he leaves at the end of the year we will get a comp pick in 2020. Most likely not a 3 but more like a 4th. So the cost is what it is. You are talking about we just got a receiver who is on pace for 88 catches and over a 1000 yards. That is borderline Pro Bowler.

The other thing is Agholor is due to make 9 mill next year. I am starting to think that they may cut him and use that money elsewhere. Tate is not going to get a huge contract at age 31, so it could actually cost us less say in the 6 or 7 mill area. What if we resigned Tate and Mathews for the same money that Agholor was going to cost?

Another thing on Tate is he is a punt returner to. I could see them using him back there in place
                        Last edited by taz; 10-30-2018, 03:17 PM.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Certainly not a fan of giving a 3 for a two month rental and I think a 4 may be high for his comp pick. Even so, a 5th rd pick the following year would be better than nothing.
                          Aggie may or may not see 9 mil next year. Lots of time for renegotiating if the birds want. I don't mind keeping Tate next year; it will surely depend on what he thinks he can make v his happiness in Philly. Mathews is a nice bottom of the roster guy but I would surely hope he is replaced by next year--even if it is with a draft pick.
                          Lots of moving parts. Eight games left, how well does he pick up terminology, how quickly do he and Wentz get on the same page, etc. I've said the season isn't lost and once you get to the playoffs you see what happens so......I hope this works out
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

I wonder what Dallas fans are thinking. A first rounder for Cooper for a year and a half or a 3rd for Tate for this year only. To me the Tate deal is preferable mainly because Cooper may be a bust while Tate should be steady and productive. Cowboys were negotiating from weakness since they have no proven WRs and the Raiders knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                              I wonder what Dallas fans are thinking. A first rounder for Cooper for a year and a half or a 3rd for Tate for this year only. To me the Tate deal is preferable mainly because Cooper may be a bust while Tate should be steady and productive. Cowboys were negotiating from weakness since they have no proven WRs and the Raiders knew that.
                              I already checked. All Cowboy fans hate this move because Tate has killed them in the past. At least 1/2 their fans think that the Eagles got a better deal for Tate, than they did for Amari. This was especially true when they heard we could get a compensory pick for him.

A few fans, the ones who mistakenly still think Dak is better than Wentz, thought the Eagles got fleeced.

There are actually some intelligent posters on that forum. Who would have thought

Comment

Working...
                              X