Wentz out for rest of year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz out for rest of year?

Has some back issue. At this point, IMO, shut him down. Let's reload for next year. Milata should see the field too.

Link

Sit him down. Play Foles in LA and and against Houston. Play Sudfeld and younger guys ( at least the ones not playing now) last game of the year.

Comment

I'm playing Sudfeld. Nick is probably gone and we need to see what we have. I am also calling up other PS players of bottom of the roster players and using the next three games to see what we have and rotate them in. We are not going anywhere, don't want key pieces hurt further and need to start thinking about what we are going to do next year.

Comment

And the beat goes on....................

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          And the beat goes on....................

As you said priority 1 is the O line

Comment

Shit. I sure hope this is a BS injury and they are just saving him until next year. That's all we need is a QB fighting back issues for the rest of his career.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Apparently he has been dealing with this since week 6. Interesting and may also explain some of the footwork issues he was having especially planting and making the deeper throws. Shut him down, tank he rest of year and reload in the off-season
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Saw one source that called it “chronic” ..... that could be real bad if true.

Comment

Can we sit down:
                  Cox
                  Jenkins
                  Bradham
                  Brooks
                  Alshon
                  And Peters for Malita to
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

It shouldn't be a great surprise since he takes, and has taken, a lot of hits in the pocket where your back gets jerked. I am sure the writers will be working any little piece of speculation that they can in order to get a story. Personally I'll wait to see something definitive before jumping on the extent of the injury. I would guess that he won't like it that the best course is to sit him if there is any stiffness or soreness or whatever. There should be little doubt on that course of action.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Pryor looked excellent this preseason, not just good. I know that it was vanilla blocking but he pancaked a couple of guys last summer. You're not going to find out how good he can be if he's on the bench and at the same time you're not risking injury to Brooks who is one hell of a guard.

Mailata is a different case. I think that we should find out where he is. That's just me. Maybe we wait until our final two games for this but I think that it is important to find out exactly where we are before FA and the draft. We also have to think very hard about what to do with Wentz. I don't want him out there with a rb that can't block. I guess that Smallwood is OK and Spoles is pretty good too but if I were making the decision I'd just shut him down and maybe find out where Sudfeld is. We might be obligated to just go with our best players this week to do so for the playoff picture but after we get our asses kicked on Sunday I would make these moves for sure.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Not saying you are going to trade Sudfield but it wouldn't hurt to not only find out what he will do for you but also the possibility if someone is going to give you something for him. We all believe Foles won't be back. However, no one knows whether he will or not. It is his contract that makes people question that. Contracts in the NFL are mostly just paper. They are redone regularly. I'm a believer that QB movement isn't out of the realm of possiblity
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Not saying you are going to trade Sudfield but it wouldn't hurt to not only find out what he will do for you but also the possibility if someone is going to give you something for him. We all believe Foles won't be back. However, no one knows whether he will or not. It is his contract that makes people question that. Contracts in the NFL are mostly just paper. They are redone regularly. I'm a believer that QB movement isn't out of the realm of possiblity
                          I agree with this--- I wouldn't be so sure Nick is gone unless somebody offers up a real good deal.

Comment

Link

Wentz has a fractured vertebra. He better not practice or play again this year. Time to forget this year and evaluate the bottom half of the roster.

Comment

The Philadelphia Eagles didn't receive good news regarding quarterback Carson Wentz's injured back on Thursday.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Wentz's CT scan revealed a fractured vertebra that will fully heal if he's given time to rest.

Schefter added there will be a "continued evaluation of his back to determine if continuing to play this season will make the Philadelphia Eagles' starting quarterback's injury worse."
                              //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Bench him now----- and when the fuck did this happen and how long has he been playing this way???? Somebody should F'ing know.

Comment

Working...
                              X