Something up with the Bennett trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something up with the Bennett trade?

I have been looking all around, neither the Patriots or the Eagles have announced the trade. None of our beat writers have mentioned it. Did he not pass his physical? Did he talk his way out of the trade? Just wondering why it hasn't been announced.

This could be holding up any other deals the Eagles are trying to make. His 7.2 million is still counting against the cap. Without that 7.2 million they are only about 9 million under the cap and will need 7 million or so for the draft. So this could be hampering them from making any other deals
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Don't know if this has any baring but I did read (yesterday, I believe) that he had informed the Pats that he planned to stay in the locker room during the National Anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Don't know if this has any baring but I did read (yesterday, I believe) that he had informed the Pats that he planned to stay in the locker room during the National Anthem.
      I think he also said he wanted to have a dialogue with Belichick regarding Trump.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Something is definitely up. I think it may be more injury related. Remember he had a foot injury he played through at the end of last year.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Just announced it.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Fuck him.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
              Just announced it.
              That settles that!

Eagles trade Michael Bennett to Patriots
              ByJEFF KERR 6 hours ago

The Philadelphia Eagles trade Michael Bennett and a 2020 seventh-round pick to the New England Patriots for a 2020 fifth-round pick. The Patriots offered a third-round pick for Bennett last season, but the Seattle Seahawks traded him to the Eagles for wide receiver Marcus Johnson and a fifth-round pick.

The Eagles will save $7.2 million in cap space with the move. Bennett is owed $15.2 million over the final two seasons of his deal, but is seeking a pay raise.

"I don't know what's happening with the Eagles," Bennett said on Good Morning Football early Friday morning. "You always want to be with the team that you play with, but at the same time it's a business. You want to be able to make money whenever you get the opportunity. If you're on the trading block, its'a part of the game, but I still know I'm one of the best players in the NFL.

"How I approach the game, I love football. Whatever team I'm on, I'm going to take that same attitude and be a nasty player. I'm going to dominate on the defensive line and be the best teammate and best player I can be."

Bennett was one of the most productive edge rushers in the second half of the the season across the entire NFL, finishing with 68 pressures, 37 hurries and 22 stops in just 716 snaps (has 70 pressures, 44 hurries and 32 stops in 931 snaps in 2017 with the Seattle Seahawks).

Fewer snaps led to increased production for Bennett, who had 30 quarterback hits and nine sacks (his highest in both categories since 2015).

Signing Brandon Graham to a three-year contract extension certainly played a role in the Eagles moving on from Bennett, since the Eagles have a much more crowded picture at defensive end with high salaries at the position.

Chris Long will be the No. 3 defensive end with Bennett on the move. He would get the extended snaps he seeks, something Long only received because Derek Barnett went down with a season ending injury last year.

The Eagles are currently $19,762,690 in available cap space, but will be at $26,962,690 once the deal is finalized.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X