Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brutal stretch coming up here

Originally posted by leifdawg
    If they can find someone who can score from the low post and rebound from the 4 position this offseason, they will become instant contenders.
    ELTON BRAND

Los Angeles Clippers
    Restricted: Paul Davis, Shaun Livingston
    Unrestricted: Elton Brand (ETO), Dan Dickau, Corey Maggette (ETO), Quinton Ross, Aaron Williams
    Limited Salary Protection: Josh Powell

ETO = Early Termination Option
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

NVM found a list....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...2008freeagents

How about Josh Smith? The guy is insanely young and already putting up some good numbers.
      Damn, didn't see the restricted part....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...e?statsId=3834
      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
        If they can find someone who can score from the low post and rebound from the 4 position this offseason, they will become instant contenders.

Call me crazy but I think Thaddeus Young could actually do a lot of this. He seems to be growing into a power forward. He can be utilized in so many ways but I agree - another low post scoring threat would seem to round this out nicely. I was reading this AM how Stefanski has strong ties to Europe and thinks there are a # of players over there that can help out. Be interesting to see if he can pluck some gems out of there.
        Offensively Young is adequate at the 4 position. But he'll get owned at the other end by top PFs in this league.
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
          ELTON BRAND

Los Angeles Clippers
          Restricted: Paul Davis, Shaun Livingston
          Unrestricted: Elton Brand (ETO), Dan Dickau, Corey Maggette (ETO), Quinton Ross, Aaron Williams
          Limited Salary Protection: Josh Powell

ETO = Early Termination Option
          Only worry with Brand is health, otherwise he would be the perfect pickup for this club.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Wow. Heck of a win last night. Need a 40-20 fourth quarter to steal a win in Chicago. Nice.

2-1 now.
            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

They did it again! Going 3-1 during that 4 game stretch was pretty good. Now let's beat AI and get to .500.
              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Playing sick ball.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

"Since a 96-91 loss at Atlanta on Feb. 4 that dropped their record to 18-30, the Sixers have gone 15-4." on Philly.com this morning.

Nice!
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                    They did it again! Going 3-1 during that 4 game stretch was pretty good. Now let's beat AI and get to .500.
                    When I read 168 points this morning, I thought, " Ut oh!"
                    But then I saw the highlights, and Seattle played no D.

Sixers should have a good shot.
                    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                      Their better play has them to within a game of the 6th seed, which is cool. But they have a rough stretch this week:

Boston
                      @Det
                      @Chi
                      San Antonio

Wow - the brutal stretch turned into

Boston - L
                      @ Det - W
                      @ Chi - W
                      SA - W
                      Den - W

What a game last night. I was extremely proud of the way the crowd showed their love for AI. And I was proud of how AI carried himself in both his pre & post game press conference. The kid has really grown up it seems. Both teams are better off for the deal. I am floored by how this team of no-names is playing so well. Andre Miller might just be the best point guard in the game this side of Chris Paul (Steve Nash can not play defense). Iguodala looked like a star on the court and Dalembert is turning into the force in the middle that we all hoped he would. Can't say enough about this team and coach.

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                        Their better play has them to within a game of the 6th seed, which is cool. But they have a rough stretch this week:

Boston
                        @Det
                        @Chi
                        San Antonio

Wow - the brutal stretch turned into

Boston - L
                        @ Det - W
                        @ Chi - W
                        SA - W
                        Den - W

What a game last night. I was extremely proud of the way the crowd showed their love for AI. And I was proud of how AI carried himself in both his pre & post game press conference. The kid has really grown up it seems. Both teams are better off for the deal. I am floored by how this team of no-names is playing so well. Andre Miller might just be the best point guard in the game this side of Chris Paul (Steve Nash can not play defense). Iguodala looked like a star on the court and Dalembert is turning into the force in the middle that we all hoped he would. Can't say enough about this team and coach.

totally agree, steve. AI was great, the fans were great, the Sixers won, it was a great night.

watching the press conference, really missed that sweet little former thug. he always had a nice way of expressing himself, always very heartfelt, just the way he left it on the floor.

i love the way he said he's got four kids, another on the way, he's got his own team and he's the coach of it. Makes him understand his old coaches more. A very grown-up thing to say.
                        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I, too, was really pleased with everything that I saw and heard on the hightlight shows and in the interviews. The fans were awesome and expressed what I feel about the whole situation.

That said, this team is coming on great. I think that they have another game coming up with Boston. I'd like to see them really give those clowns a good game.
                          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

And even more impressive is after coming off a tough stretch and threat of a letdown - they go out and simply paste an inferior team in the Bulls. NICE!

Comment

And even more impressive is after coming off a tough stretch and threat of a letdown - they go out and simply paste an inferior team in the Bulls. NICE!
                              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X