initial madden questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• initial madden questions

guys, is madden set up in letterbox format? I can't see shit. and it feels like every graphic (Stats,etc) is in the middle so it's really small. I dont have HDTV but I can't find any settings for it in the setup.

Also, I'm not digging on the look. It feels washed out.

I also ran across a problem where my guy knocked it down and they gave the catch to the receiver. WTF?
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Not sure what you are talking about on the first question.

The graphics look alright, maybe a little worse than last year.

And a WR catching the ball after you knocked it down. Do you mean like it hit the ground and they gave em the catch or like your guy tips it and the WR is right there for the reception. I never had a problem with the first one, but there have been several times where my cornerback tips the ball and then it hits off of the safety right into the WR. I'm like what the hell is that, and then they run for an 80 yard TD because no one is in position to tackle him.

I personally hate it when, you throw an interception because some linebacker just throws his hands up out of nowhere and magically takes a 5 foot sidestep into the path of the ball, which you didn't lob but bulletted. And then you see about three times on one drive where your defense could intercepted the ball. Another thing I hate is the incomplete pass, as you hit the QB. He isn't even ready to throw but as soon as you hit him the ball comes out and is an incompletion, I don't need it to be a fumble, I would be just as happy with a sack.
    http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

you ever watch a DVD that's letterbox? basically it doesnt use the full tv frame, it's designed for HDTV / movie theaters.

Anyway, it's happened twice already where the pass is knocked down but the next thing you know, the line of scrimmage is where the ball was knocked down. That's crap.

Also, I found an error that doesnt affect gameplay but shows poor quality control. If you go to the camera settings, one of the buttons is for "Foward". It's FORWARD you dumbasses. For this, EA has to charge $50?

So far, I'm digging 2k5 so much more.
      Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

It's not in letterbox for me, and nothing is really hard to see...sounds like a strange problem.

I haven't had a problem with the game physics yet, except for the time where I knocked it down, then another one of my guys slid for it and the ball just flew up in the air magically, and of course their receiver was right there to catch it. I've seen some pretty sweet plays, though, far more of those than crappy ones...I've got this one replay saved where the computer's receiver jumps up to catch it and my CB hits him from behind. The ball tumbles down out of the receivers hands and my safety comes sliding across the field to catch it, then I return it for the TD.

I too hate how the AI has the uncanny ability to throw the ball away at the last second every time. Also, every CB seems to be able to jump seven feet in the air to knock down passes when my receiver is five yards downfield from them...that gets sort of annoying.

Comment

They also made the RB drill a little impossible in this one. It is pretty easy on the Rookie and Pro levels but once you try above that, it is all luck because the defense is so quick.

I don't know why the game would come in that letterbox form. Is it just Madden that does it???

As I said before I think ESPN is too easy. Also the Sportscenter, which would be a great addition over Madden, constantly is messed up with the commentary. Chris Berman will be talking about a play about 2 minutes after he has shown the replay or SteveO will come out of nowhere and say something stupid. They also never talked about me breaking records on Sportscenter, such as rushing yards in a season and game, touchdowns in a season and game, sacks in a season and game.

I've also had some pretty sweet plays. I think the best one I have seen was actually on 2004. But I was the Ravens and as a pass was coming into the opponent's receiver's hands, Gary Baxter crushes him and sends the ball flying like in the Immaculate Reception, and Will Demps sprints to the ball to make the INT and take it back for the TD.
          http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

Yah, I don't have problems with the letterbox as you do. Mine's just like all the other Madden games. Now, my brother quits everytime I play him in Madden because he gets upset and askes the questions you guys are asking. But the truth is, football is just like it is in Madden. Shit happens. Plus, the game can't be perfect. I am very satisfied with all of the Madden games because it is pretty realistic if you don't think too in depth about it.

Comment

Working...
            X