Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BTW-- Fassel gets canned in Balto........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW-- Fassel gets canned in Balto........

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=181043&hubname=

Kinda funny, one place I read headline reads.. "Fassel resigns" and in another "Balto fires Fassel"

He must suck!

I saw the press conference with Billick and he said "Ireplaced Fassell after he resigned".Sounds like Billick said Jim you're fired and he said you can't do that because I quit.Regardless,I guess the Ravens fans will get to see the "genius" that Billick is since he'll be calling the plays from here on in. Not long ago Billick WAS a "genius" in Minnesota but then again he had Randall,Robert Smith,Carter,& Moss on that club.
    I've always been a better coach when I coached better players.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

wow
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Before this situation - Fassel and Billick were best friends. They'd vacation together, I believe they were groomsmen in each other's weddings, etc. Wonder if that friendship is done?

Comment

yea, let's blame Fassel for Ray Ray and company letting Steve Smith run free in the secondary and Jake Delhomme throw for 364 yrds against them. The poor Ravens offense only score 21 points. I thought Ray and company said get me 17 points ands we win?

Hmmm................................
          I miss Philly!

Comment

Samari Rolle + Michael Lewis = 500 Points for the other team
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I heard the Cards fired their OCOORD too.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                I heard the Cards fired their OCOORD too.
                Yeah, they did, and it makes perfect sense to fire your OC after:
                1) one of the best offensive performances by your team in years (and Im using AZ standards, meaning they scored over 20 points )

2) your defense allows 20+ points in the 4th quarter

I really miss having them in our division

Comment

You might want to revise #2 FTD. (Chi only got 14 in the fourth qtr, KR and fumble return for TD)

Their Defense played pretty well-- that loss was all on the O.

The chicago O only scored 3 of those 24 points that you see in the score.

Comment

You might want to revise #2 FTD. (Chi only got 14 in the fourth qtr, KR and fumble return for TD)

Their Defense played pretty well-- that loss was all on the O.

The chicago O only scored 3 of those 24 points that you see in the score.

Comment

The Cardinal organization is just so fucked up.

You have an interception return and a fumble recovery for TD's, and a punt return for a TD...so let's fire the OC?

Makes about as much sense as an all-Mom peep show.

But then again, that's the brilliance of Denny Green!

Comment

Originally posted by Luzinski's Gut
                        The Cardinal organization is just so fucked up.

You have an interception return and a fumble recovery for TD's, and a punt return for a TD...so let's fire the OC?
                        MUCH better version of what I was trying to say...I should check box scores before spouting!

Comment

Fassel was never all that good, he was just surrounded by good people. During his run of success with the Gnats, his O Coord was Sean Payton, and his D Coord was John Fox. Fox has already proven to be a better coach than Fasshole ever was, and while it's early yet for Payton, he seems to be doing an excellent job with the Saints.
                          The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

The press conferences that I watched had Billick saying that he did some deep evaluation before meeting with Fasshole and letting him go. He clearly said that he dismissed him.

And I aggree that the coordinators is why Fasshole had a couple good years.

And I agree that Arizona is a joke.

I still think Chicago has not proved anything more than to be able to beat bad teams and get lucky.
                            Pedro

Comment

Working...
                            X