Interesting S.A.S quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting S.A.S quote

I know, "interesting" and "Stephen A Smith" rarely go in the same sentence, but he mentioned something on ESPN's First Take today (yes, I watch First Take)

He said (paraphrasing) that if Billy King was still the GM, the sixers would make a hard run at Elton Brand. But with Stefanski(sp) we will most likely not.

I recall the rumors were the sixers were waiting for Brand to opt out prior to last season, so that could be true. However, I don't think anyone would trust BK giving Brand a "Kenny Thomas" special.

I do like Brand, but not at the salary he thinks he commands.

I would rather use the money to resign Miller.

Re: Interesting S.A.S quote

are you guys excited for the coming sixers season?

I'm thinking about getting some season tickets but $3k... whew.

Comment

SAS eats poop for breakfast.

Now as far as Stefanksi - I think he realizes this team is built to run and to be the Suns of the East. Therefore Josh Smith will get a major offer from us and Atlanta will have to try and match.

2009 Lineup
      PG - Miller
      SG - AI2
      SF - Young
      PF - Smith
      C - Dalembert

With 6 man Lou Williams and Carney, Speights, Smith and Evans giving us a nice bench look. That's second tier compared to Boston but certainly a strong 3-5 seed in the East.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

there is no way Brand is leaving LA. he wants to be in LA and be on a winner. LA signed Baron Davis to keep Brand interested in staying.

Josh Smith is supposed to be visiting Philly today.

if i had a choice, i may go with Smith over Brand. Smith is almost 7 years younger than Brand, will cost a good deal less, still has room to grow as a player AND perfectly fits the uptempo game the Sixers play. as BP mentioned, the Sixers would still be a 2nd tier team, but that's just in this year. with all their youth and if they add Smith, they are built to compete every year and will certainly improve if they keep the core.

Comment

I don't remember how Josh Smith played in the Boston series..I remember Joe Johnson and Al Horford, I believe Smith was pretty solid correct?

The more I look at him online - 6-9, only 22 years old, athletic ability, that's pretty solid. I'm not sold on his consistent outside shot (but then again, who in the NBA has one), I would still like a Kyle Korver-esque to stretch the defense.

If they sign Smith to a long term deal, do they also try to extend Iguodala or is Smith considered his replacement?

And BP - you forgot Willie Green in your rotation?!?

Comment

IIRC Josh Smith was phenomenal in one of the games. Scored like 24 points in the 4th quarter or something ridiculous like that.

Comment

Smith is a good player, but not what the Sixers need. They need to move away from that run and gun style if they ever want to win a championship. If the Suns couldn't get it done with that style, no one will.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres
                I don't remember how Josh Smith played in the Boston series..I remember Joe Johnson and Al Horford, I believe Smith was pretty solid correct?

The more I look at him online - 6-9, only 22 years old, athletic ability, that's pretty solid. I'm not sold on his consistent outside shot (but then again, who in the NBA has one), I would still like a Kyle Korver-esque to stretch the defense.

If they sign Smith to a long term deal, do they also try to extend Iguodala or is Smith considered his replacement?

And BP - you forgot Willie Green in your rotation?!?
                * I hate Willie Green like I hated Hollis Thomas. Useless.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I kinda hate willie green too. He jacks up the ball like he's AI and he'll have one 25 pt game out of 20 and think he's the shit.

meanwhile, in clutch situations, you can always count on him to miss the shot. he is really useless.

Hope the rumors of us dumping Carney and Booth are true.

Comment

Working...
                  X