Defense was really awesome when you consider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense was really awesome when you consider

being on the field almost 14 minutes more than the O and 81 plays.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

They sure didn't look like it, did they??????????
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Yeah, its all DMAC's fault with those damn quick, long pass TDs :P

Comment

Once again TOP is lost -- game is won!

Edit for SP.

Comment

Cole had 9 tackles and a sack,Sheppard, Trotter and Barber had 8,Howard, Walker and Jones had 7 each with Howard andWalker combining for 5 sacks.Quite an effort.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

TOP is a worthless stat. Yes defenses get tired. Number of plays woud probably be a better gauge there. I'll take 80+ yd pass and catch combo
            and so will the D. Everyone on the scoring team gets hyped and you drain just a little from the other guys. They start to press, make stupid decision and Shepard is running the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
              Once again TOP is lost -- game is won!

Edit for SP.
              5 turnovers will do that for a team...

Comment

i think time of possession matters to a team that plays a ball-control running game -- and there are so many of those teams around these days.

the eagle d-line rotation is a big help in keeping them fresh, with the way they spend so much time on the field. i can see why they kept 10 at the start of the year.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Yeah, lets give back those long bombs to LJ, Baskett and Reggie so we can slowly, slog our way down the field. Then at least we would have better TOP numbers.

Comment

I'll bet the game felt even longer to Bledsoe.

Bledsoe should look on the bright side... the Linc is natural grass. Can you imagine if he was hitting the turf at the Vet?
                    E A G L E S

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I said last week I thought TOP could not be used by itself, that it is an indicator. And I still believe that. Using the quick score as an example is silly, of course anyone will take a quick score. It is the quick 3 and outs that are frustrating. And the only time they should be frustrating is when there are 2 or 3 quick 3 and outs (or turnovers) in a row. There was a time yesterday where the D made a big stand, one which appeared very draining, and then the O did a quick 3 and out taking <1 minute off the clock. I thought then and still think the O had to make a drive soon to give the D a breather.
                      Another fortunate thing is that the D Line has such depth that they have much better opportunity than other teams to get a play or two off.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Plays played count a lot more than TOP does,,, always have and always will. The number of plays determines just how much energy and how tired you D will get---- although some of that can be made up by pure adrenaline! LOL.

Comment

I loved the gameplan yesterday. We took what they gave us. We also did a great job late of running the ball and the clock.

Lewis mistake nearly made me shit myself though. Tell me all of you didn't have flashbacks to the Giants game after that happened. Phew

31 points from an O with a gimpy Westbrook and no Stallworth? How can you not love that?

Comment

Working...
                          X