Ryan Howard is a god!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Howard is a god!

HR, HR, triple in three ABs. 7 RBIs, one short of the team record.

Currently tops in HRs and RBIs since Pujols has been injured lately.

He is the second coming of David Ortiz.

Comment

Sorry but could one of you tell me who was that Thome guy that everyone used to talk about? I don't really remember much about that guy anymore.....
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Only way that game could have been better for him would be if he could have gotten a hit off of Rivera. Regardless, what a game.

Comment

I acquired Howard for Mark Teixiera and my 1st round pick (Equivalent of a 6th rounder since we're in a keeper league) next year last week.

I'm loving it!!!
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Howard is FIFTH in NL All Star voting. I hate the fan vote. Granted the guys ahead of him are all having very fine years. But it would be a travesty to keep him off the squad.

Comment

Am I drunk? Somebody argued this with me the other day. After the starter - the Manager names the bench players. No?
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                Am I drunk? Somebody argued this with me the other day. After the starter - the Manager names the bench players. No?
                From mlb.com:

"The 2006 American League and National League All-Star Teams will be unveiled on Sunday, July 2nd with a total of 16 elected starters, as determined by the fan balloting program, and 46 pitchers and reserves, as determined by the player ballot and the two All-Star Team managers - American League manager Ozzie Guillen of the Chicago White Sox and National League manager Phil Garner of the Houston Astros - and Major League Baseball.

Immediately following the announcement of the American League and National League All-Star rosters, fans will have the opportunity to select the final position player for each League's 32-man roster at MLB.com. The 2006 Monster All-Star Final Vote will provide fans the opportunity to cast their votes from a list of five players from each League over a four-day period. "

As for the drinking - well, don't know. I thought you quit the sauce!

Comment

I did...but this tells me one clear thing. No way does HOWARD get left off with the fan voting for the extra player - at least.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

If it's the manager, then Berkman is in.

But, yes, Howard should get the extra player spot.

Comment

I think Howard is a shoo-in even with a competitive 1st base situation. He has too much momentum right now to be left off.

He may be selected for the sole purpose of the HR derby!

Comment

Howard won't be voted in, Pujols will win in a landslide even hurt. He probably already had enough votes to win before he was even injured. Howard will absolutely make the team. They'll carry three 1b if they have to.

Comment

I pray to GOD he doesn't get involved with the Homerun Derby. Baseballs version of the Madden Jinx IMO.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                          X