No announcement yet.

Shit-maybe chip is nuts-boykin gone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit-maybe chip is nuts-boykin gone!!!

Eagles Trade CB Boykin For 2016 Pick

On the eve of the first training session of this year's Training Camp, the Eagles traded sent cornerback Brandon Boykin to the Pittsburgh Steelers in exchange for a conditional fifth-round pick in 2016.

Boykin was the Eagles' primary slot cornerback in each of his first three seasons in the league. His best season came in 2013 when finished tied for second in the league with six interceptions, including the one to seal the win over Dallas to clinch the NFC East division title.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Guess he doesn't want anyone who doesn't want to be here.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Really sorry to see him go, but they were not going to sign him long term so at least they got something for him.
      He was the only one that could cover last year and this will not make the defense better

Comment

If you don't fit Chips measurables ..........you're gone for a bag of marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          If you don't fit Chips measurables ..........you're gone for a bag of marbles.
          Yeah, I posted as such yesterday. I understand his thinking, but even the best make mistakes. I don't like this.

Comment

Like the move a lot. Boykin is a nice player but we weren't going to be able to afford him. They have other players like Rowe that need to play.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              Like the move a lot. Boykin is a nice player but we weren't going to be able to afford him. They have other players like Rowe that need to play.
              I can understand both sides of this. That said, I hate to see him go without having been given a chance on the outside at all.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                Same here. I also don't think Boykin had a good year last year. Hope he kicks butt and turns the 5th into a 4th.
                Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Hate it.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                    Same here. I also don't think Boykin had a good year last year. Hope he kicks butt and turns the 5th into a 4th.
                    You're right flyered. He didn't have a good year-he had a GREAT year. The only time you saw him on Sunday was when he was in the picture and they completed some dinky pass on him. I saw the stat that said they completed over 60% of the passes thrown on him too. Big deal as they are mostly check downs. Guys do get beat sometimes. But I also aw a stat that said that he had his guy plastered more than any DB in the league. I'll bet that he plays great in Pittsburg. Unfortunately, Dick LeBeau is gone now though.

Comment

Just more of the same. Either you are a "Chip guy", or you are not. Boykin is not, therefore he is gone. Doesn't surprise me..........the next one could be Kendricks.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I only like it in the sense that we were probably going to lose him for nothing after the season, so we at least get something for him. That, and it probably makes it easier to keep all the DBs that we drafted -- I thought it was looking a bit crowded back there to keep them all, so was thinking practice squad for at least one of them, and we could have lost him on the waiver wire.

But on the football field, I hate it right now. Seems like there is no way this makes us better (much like releasing Mathis). Thought he was still good last year, and with a better secondary around him, could be even better this year. If it turns out that the rookies are just as good, then it could turn out OK since there may have been no way to keep them all this year anyways. That is about the only way I'll like this in the end... I really have no idea how good JaCorey Shepherd and Randall Evans are.

Comment

I retract the last part of my post. Chip stated emphatically today that Kendricks isn't going anywhere. I will trust that.
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                            I retract the last part of my post. Chip stated emphatically today that Kendricks isn't going anywhere. I will trust that.
                            That is interesting because Kendricks does not seem to possess the desired 'measurables' in terms of size.

Boykin is the first cut that really troubles me, but as several have pointed out here, the Birds would likely have lost him after this season anyway.

All I know for sure is that Dallas keeps adding very talented, inexpensive turds and the Birds keep losing talent.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                              That is interesting because Kendricks does not seem to possess the desired 'measurables' in terms of size.
                              Boykin is the first cut that really troubles me, but as several have pointed out here, the Birds would likely have lost him after this season anyway.

All I know for sure is that Dallas keeps adding very talented, inexpensive turds and the Birds keep losing talent.
                              Well, there's always next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X