Any truth to the rumor----

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any truth to the rumor----

That the Texans are willing to move Clowney and we could be on the short list?????

I'd say probably not because O'Brien is now the GM too. That's kind of a weird situation but the guy is a hardliner so I don't see him going anywhere.

Texans coach Bill O'Brien has nothing to say about DE Jadeveon Clowney trade rumors texans-bill-obrien-mute-jadeveon-clowney-trade-rumors
    SHARES
    TWEET
    EMAIL
    By: Avery Duncan | August 14, 2019 5:26 pm ET

Five words.

That’s all Houston Texans head coach Bill O’Brien needs to address trade rumors circulating around edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney.

When asked on Wednesday at Houston Methodist Training Center if he was aware of the trade speculation, O’Brien gave a simple answer:

“No, not at all.”

Does he have anything to say about the rumors?

“Nope,” said O’Brien.

Email
    [email protected]
    Like this article?
    Sign up for the Texans Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

O’Brien remains mum about the prospects of Clowney being traded and can’t provide an update on when — or if — he’ll return.

“Again, we haven’t seen him since the end of the season, so I really don’t know [if Clowney will play for the Texans in 2019],” O’Brien said. “When he arrives, we’ll handle it when he arrives, but that’s his prerogative. He doesn’t have to be here right now.”

The Texans placed the franchise tag on Clowney in the offseason. The apparent thought process in doing so was to lock him up to a long-term contract. But that didn’t happen, and the July 15 deadline for a deal is in the rearview mirror.

Houston can’t force Clowney to come to training camp. Being that he hasn’t signed the franchise tag, they are unable to fine him. But O’Brien thinks he’ll be back at some point.

“At some point he’ll come in I believe, but that’s up to him,” said O’Brien.

Clowney holds significant leverage over the Texans. If he were to be traded, he’d have to sign the tag in approval of the destination, essentially meaning he has a no-trade clause.

The former No. 1 overall pick can’t sign a new contract until the 2019 season wraps up, no matter the team.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Can we fit that salary in? I doubt it.

Comment

Question is what will it take to make a trade? The Inqy suggested a Lane Johnson for Clowney trade and that, to me, is a deal breaker. I am not messing with our O-line and putting Wentz in danger or another injury. That’s the in the sand for me.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Since Clowney has been the poster boy for untapped potential, maybe a trade should be suggested for some of our untapped potential line men
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

No way Jose for Johnson. You only get him for one year and that's if he shows up. Beside that Johnson has turned himself into a leader and model teammate and is better than him anyway while Clowny has spent most of his career in the training room.

Comment

There is no way in hell I would give them Johnson. I'd give them someone with potential but I am not giving a front line guy.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

no chance
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Johnson has mentioned ending his career as an Eagle
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    Johnson has mentioned ending his career as an Eagle
                    That's fine with me!

Comment

No way they trade Johnson for Clowney, Clowney is only a 1 year player at this point. By rule they can't sign him until after the season is over. No way he signs until that point. So his value is depressed by that. Next up is he hasn't had any training camp. More times than not players who come in his late wind up hurt and missing time during the year. Right now I don't think Clowney is worth anything more than a 4th maybe a 3rd round pick. Heckuva player but very hard to trade for him this late in the process.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                      X