X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ski
    I'm giving the 3rd if we can get Lelie.

Why?

1. We need another experienced receiver.
    2. Pinkston is done.
    3. Lelie was in a run first offense.
    4. Lelie had Jake Plummer as a QB.
    5. 3rd isn't much to give up for a 1000 yard WR.
    Why Not?

1. We need another experienced receiver who doesn't drop many passes.
    2. Lelie is another Pinkston.
    3. Lelie had numerous chances to become the #1 receiver in Denver and failed.
    4. Doesn't matter who throws the ball, you still have to catch it.
    5. Why give up a first day pick, when you can get him for a second day pick?

Lelie supporters need to read -> http://www.sportscolumn.com/story/2006/7/7/33727/70069
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

1. Since our Pinkston is questionable at best, we need another one.
      2. Look at the depth chart.
      3. Repeat #2.
      4. Repeat #2 again, this time removing Pinkston from the equation, which seems to be a strong possibility.

Give up the 3rd. Do it now.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
        I've heard the pack and the Falcons have shown some interest.

And since we will be picking 32nd, everybodies 4th pick will be better than ours!
        but it doesn't matter what we think. It matters what the Broncos think

Comment

Falcons consider Porter, Lelie

By STEVE WYCHE
          The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 08/03/06

Flowery Branch — The Falcons are exploring trade possibilities for a pair of disgruntled but productive veteran wide receivers: Oakland's Jerry Porter and Denver's Ashley Lelie.

Atlanta's personnel department has been doing due diligence on both players but probably will wait at least a week to decide whether to pursue a trade.

The Falcons are trying to figure out how to replace No. 3 wide receiver Brian Finneran, who suffered a season-ending knee injury at practice Sunday. They want to take an extended look at players already in house — they worked out cornerback DeAngelo Hall at wide receiver Wednesday — before exploring outside interests.

"We're still working through a lot of scenarios that could involve players from another team, players out on the street and players that are on our team," coach Jim Mora said.

Porter, a seven-year veteran who has been at odds with new coach Art Shell, has caught 140 passes for 1,940 yards the past two seasons. Lelie, mainly a deep threat, caught 42 passes for 770 yards last season. He has not reported to Denver's training camp with hopes of being dealt.

Whether either of those players would settle for being the No. 3 receiver could be another issue, but Mora said any player the Falcons bring in — if they do bring a player in — would not replace or even compete with Michael Jenkins and Roddy White, the team's starting wide receivers.

The agent for 17-year veteran free agent Ricky Proehl said Tuesday that he has spoken with the Falcons about Proehl's services, but the team wanted to wait at least a week before making a decision.

Comment

ESPN Radio said the Falcons were more likely to go with a FA WR like Az Hakim, Ricky Proehl or Kevin Johnson. They also added that they are indeed serious about whoever they bring in being a 3rd WR. with that said, I doubt they would part with a 3rd or a 4th for a 3rd WR.

Personally I think GBY is the most likely destination with us being second.

GBY's 4th would likely be higher than ours. Plus they have already been dancing partners when they did the Javon Walker deal.

Maybe we trade Rayburn and a pick or Greg Lewis and a pick? I'm sorry, but I do not see the Eagles giving a third for Lelie in any scenario. If I am wrong, order me up a heaping of crow

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
              ESPN Radio said the Falcons were more likely to go with a FA WR like Az Hakim, Ricky Proehl or Kevin Johnson. They also added that they are indeed serious about whoever they bring in being a 3rd WR. with that said, I doubt they would part with a 3rd or a 4th for a 3rd WR.

Personally I think GBY is the most likely destination with us being second.

GBY's 4th would likely be higher than ours. Plus they have already been dancing partners when they did the Javon Walker deal.

Maybe we trade Rayburn and a pick or Greg Lewis and a pick? I'm sorry, but I do not see the Eagles giving a third for Lelie in any scenario. If I am wrong, order me up a heaping of crow
              OOOHHHHH. Greg Lewis for Lelie, I REALLY like that Too bad Denver won't take it. Maybe Greg Lewis plus a lower round pick ?

Comment

Pliny, that's what I was saying. Lewis and a pick

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
                  Pliny, that's what I was saying. Lewis and a pick
                  I would probably do back flips over this if that happened, since I am not a Greg Lewis fan anyway.

Comment

Greg Lewis traded?

Great trade!

What did we get?

Comment

I could see Lewis and a 5th--- but I don't think Denver will see it that easily!

Comment

Working...
                      X