Observations Eagles Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taz View Post
    And they were MILES better than the other teams in the division. Sorry had to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
      I was very hard on Wentz earlier this season, but he has really stepped up.

I think we're all very proud of the team, and rightly so. I've never seen a team lose this many players to injuries in my life, let alone continue to fight and win.
      I will say this, I never really waivered on Wentz this year. The reason why is I saw that his supporting cast just wasn't helping enough. The dropped passed, ( 4th quarter TD passes dropped were just devastating. This team easily could have been 12-4. The biggest difference in the last 3-4 games beyond losing the starters is they stopped dropping the footballs.

We have an elite QB folks and we have him since he was drafted. When you live on every pass you can always find fault. However, I look at this.

4000k yards with no receivers over 500 yards, for the first time in NFL history that has happened. For those who have played this game you know how hard it is to get chemistry is so important especially in a timing offense.
      27 TD - 7int(one of which was on a hell mary at the end of the game) are damn good numbers, especially looking at the 8 TD passes dropped in the 4th quarter alone.

19 straight games with a TD pass, best in the NFL.

This kid has answered every question about him time in and time out yet he got some unfair ripping. We should be DAMN happy we have him. He just turned 27 (Happy Birthday Carson), We should have another 7-8 years of contending with this guy.

Add in the fact we have probably the 2nd best coach in Doug (I have Belicheat higher only because of what he has done over the years)
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
        One other thing. The fact that FOX made the Cowboys/Skins game the game of the week and subjected most of the country to that game AND NEVER SWITCHED AWAY tells you a lot about how FOX feels about Cowboys and Eagles. It was never a good game. It was never going to be a good game but hey let's trot out the Cowboys AGAIN. Funny Dak's shoulder was never mentioned. The Cowboys were taunted and chest beating all over the place. I swear FOX can join Jerry in hell for subjecting me to that mess. A team in Philadelphia battled through adversity and punk ass former Cowboys talking about their locker room. They lost so many starters. They had a line at the blue tent at this game and yet somehow someway they still prevailed. But hey lets show the vaunted Cowboys. Yea okay

Rob, like you and most of the country, here in FL we got the stinkin' Dallas game. Any number of times in the past when the game being broadcast was a one-sided bore fest, Fox or CBS would switch to another game of significant interest that was competitive...likes the Birds game was. But not yesterday.

And why was the Dallas/Wash game the Fox 'Game of the Week' in the first place? The Birds/ Gnats promised to be...and was...a more competitive game. I am just so fucking sick of the continued net work worship of a franchise that has not been competitively relevant in 2 decades.

At least we got to hear Aikman and Buck mumble mindless drivel once it was clear that Philly had closed the playoff door on their masturbatory love objects.
        Last edited by tinopuno; 12-30-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

In Philly , we were the Game of the Week. At least I thought they said that at least once
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I thought that when Pryor might come in and play tackle and move V inside as he continues to be pretty bad out there but Pryor at guard worked perfectly. Very nice job picking up blitzes and switches. I wonder who gets the start at guard if Lane plays this week?

Rob, I think the reason that they always put Dallas on is that most people hate the bastards and want to watch them get beat.

For broadcasters we had Chris Spielman who is excellent pointing out the little things that go on during the game. I don't know who the play by play announcer was but from the sound of things they sounded like the local Philly guys. Does anybody know if they are?
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Thom Brennamen
              I was just glad it wasn't the knob slobbering pair of Troy and Joe
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I tried watching the game on RedZone. I didn't get to see most of the 1st half but they did show a lot of the 2nd half of the game. As for Aikman I have to give him credit. He did mentioned how he was very impressed with Wentz Doug and the Eagles for rallying like they did and getting to the playoffs with so many injuries and then he did sneak a dig at the cowboys about it

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  Thom Brennamen
                  I was just glad it wasn't the knob slobbering pair of Troy and Joe
                  I love Spielman just a great all around human being. He’s a good color man, much better than Charles Davis or Moose Johnston.
                  Normally I can’t stand Brennamen and his insincere hyperbole but yesterday I found his praise of the Eagles surprisingly refreshing. I think it was mostly because all the Cowboys fans had to be listening.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                    I love Spielman just a great all around human being. He’s a good color man, much better than Charles Davis or Moose Johnston.
                    Normally I can’t stand Brennamen and his insincere hyperbole but yesterday I found his praise of the Eagles surprisingly refreshing. I think it was mostly because all the Cowboys fans had to be listening.
                    Brennamen referred to the Eagles as "us" at one point and was clearly pulling for them so that's why I thought that he might be the local guy.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      I will say this, I never really waivered on Wentz this year. The reason why is I saw that his supporting cast just wasn't helping enough. The dropped passed, ( 4th quarter TD passes dropped were just devastating. This team easily could have been 12-4. The biggest difference in the last 3-4 games beyond losing the starters is they stopped dropping the footballs.

We have an elite QB folks and we have him since he was drafted. When you live on every pass you can always find fault. However, I look at this.

4000k yards with no receivers over 500 yards, for the first time in NFL history that has happened. For those who have played this game you know how hard it is to get chemistry is so important especially in a timing offense.
                      27 TD - 7int(one of which was on a hell mary at the end of the game) are damn good numbers, especially looking at the 8 TD passes dropped in the 4th quarter alone.

19 straight games with a TD pass, best in the NFL.

This kid has answered every question about him time in and time out yet he got some unfair ripping. We should be DAMN happy we have him. He just turned 27 (Happy Birthday Carson), We should have another 7-8 years of contending with this guy.

Add in the fact we have probably the 2nd best coach in Doug (I have Belicheat higher only because of what he has done over the years)
                      I gotta agree. In retrospect, I feel I was a bit too hard on him given the circumstances, but Yea, he's the shit. Period.

Comment

This from some writer named Stolnis…… Sure, if Wentz had been able to use his main weapons all season long, perhaps the Eagles would have finished 12-4 or 13-3 and competed for a first-round bye in the postseason, but it’s also almost certain you’d have his critics crying about how he was only succeeding because of the talent around him.

Now? There is nothing left for the anti-Wentzers to hang their hats on. There is no argument left.

Good opinion I thought. Wentz has had moments where he didn't shine but I have always felt he was trying too hard and not letting things flow no matter who was playing. I feel he is now letting guys make the plays they can make
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

So much for Dak vs. Wentz. To put things in perspective, let's put Cooper, Cobb, Gallup, Smith, Frederick, Elliott, and Witten on the bench. Does Dak do what Wentz did? No. My guess is that while Wentz played every bit like a franchise QB, under those circumstances Dak plays like a 4th round draft pick.

Comment

I could care less about Dak Prescott, honestly I never thought he was anymore than a game manager. Just look at the Girls record when Zeke didn't play. He has all world talent around him. Honestly we have the best QB in the division, Jones, Haskins, Prescott all of them are 2nd tier or less.

I can't wait until they can get one or two more weapons on offense for Carson. They should be able to do that pretty easily this offseason along with a defensive rebuild.
                            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Jackson should be able to play a full season next year, Jeffrey is gonna be back next year. His contract dictates he stays at least 1 more. Add Ward to the mix and I believe we are ok at WR. Dak is Romo 2.0, fuck him.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                                Jackson should be able to play a full season next year, Jeffrey is gonna be back next year. His contract dictates he stays at least 1 more. Add Ward to the mix and I believe we are ok at WR. Dak is Romo 2.0, fuck him.

DJax back is good. Alshon is going to be lucky to be back by week 1 and he already had lost a step so while expensive, I wouldn't pin any 2020 hopes on him. Anything from him has to be considered gravy. Ward has certainly solidified a spot. They need another solid receiver.

Comment

Working...
                                X