#60 admitted to hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #60 admitted to hospital

86 year old Chuck Bednarik was hospitalized for shortness of breath. Best wishes and good health young man.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    86 year old Chuck Bednarik was hospitalized for shortness of breath.

He really needs to stop attending the Eagle Cheerleader tryouts!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Chuck will be all right. You can't keep a good man down!
      Last edited by Eagle60; 03-24-2011, 09:23 AM.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I hope he's got another 20 years. The greatest Eagle of them all.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Reports are coming out that he is in serious condition.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ous-condition/

I hope this is not true. Speedy Recover #60
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Here's the latest I could find on his condition. It sounds pretty good so hopefully he'll be released in the next day.

Eagles legend Chuck Bednarik, rushed to a Lehigh Valley hospital Tuesday when he began experiencing a shortage of breath, a drop in blood pressure and feeling faint, is conscious, communicating and is as "feisty as ever," according to his son-in-law, Ken Safarowic.
            Contrary to rumors that were swirling yesterday, Safarowic said Bednarik, 85, "did not have a heart attack and is not on life support."
            "Those were some of the things I was getting hit with today," Safarowic said. "Really, he was just tired."
            He said Bednarik, a Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker/center who starred on the Eagles' 1949 and '60 NFL championship teams, still was undergoing tests and doctors had yet to arrive at a diagnosis. He added that Bednarik has no ongoing conditions and he is "about as healthy as you can be at this stage" and doctors have determined his heart is OK.
            "I was with him over the weekend and he was fine," Safarowic said.
            He said Bednarik probably will remain hospitalized at least another day, but "he's going to cold-cock someone if they don't let him out soon . . . He was angry that he could not go to Mass today. Lying around at this stage of the game does not agree with him."
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I can just see them having to put restraints on him to keep him from getting out of there, LOL! He's a tough old Bird.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

http://articles.philly.com/2011-03-2...ik-eagles-hall

Bednarik, 85, not enjoying hospital stay

Eagles Hall of Famer Chuck Bednarik remained in serious condition at a Bethlehem-area hospital Thursday, two days after experiencing shortness of breath, according to a St. Luke's Hospital spokeswoman.

However, the 85-year-old Bednarik was improving and was "sitting up in bed and talking" as of Thursday, his son-in-law Ken Safarowic said.

"They're still running tests on him," said Safarowic, who is acting as a spokesman for the Bednarik family. "It's not a heart attack. His heart is as strong as when he was playing. But I think he'll be in the hospital for a couple more days."

Nicknamed "Concrete Charlie," Bednarik was one of the last true 60-minute men, having played both center and linebacker for most of his 14 seasons in the NFL. He played for the Eagles from 1949 to '62 and was an all-pro 10 times. The former Penn star was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1967 and is one of seven players to have his number retired by the Eagles.

Rumors had swirled that Bednarik had suffered a heart attack after he was rushed to the hospital on Tuesday. Safarowic said that Bednarik had trouble breathing and had to lie down before his wife, Emma, called 911.

Safarowic did not describe Bednarik's condition as "serious."

"I've seen him," Safarowic said. "He's stable. He never lost consciousness. He's had no lingering health problems."

Bednarik's last formal public appearance in Philadelphia was in September when the Eagles honored their 1960 NFL championship team during the opener. He was embraced warmly by fans.

"I wish I could say he's resting comfortably, but he's never been one to be comfortable sitting still," Safarowic said. "He's like, 'Get me the hell out of here.' "

Comment

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._hospital.html

Eagles great Bednarik to be released from hospital

Eagles great Chuck Bednarik, who was admitted to St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem last week after suffering shortness of breath, is expected to be released later this week, his son-in-law said Monday night.

"He was up and walking around today and eating more," said Ken Safarowic, who has been a spokesman for the Bednarik family.

Safarowic said that tests had revealed no major problems for Bednarik, although he conceded that the 85-year-old Hall of Famer "needed to get retooled.

"His heart's fine, he didn't have a stroke, so the doctors don't want to keep him any longer than they have to," Safarowic said. "They caught him crawling out of bed."

Comment

I wish him well recovering, but other than that I have no love lost for him ever since he whined and stated he hoped the Eagles would lose an upcoming (playoff iirc) game because the team wouldn't sell his book at the stadium or some such thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X