• Show
Clear All

• The price of poker just went up!

That ain't hey fellas!

Source: NFL salary cap to climb up to $201.2M
    Dec
    12/10/2019 4:48:47 PM
    |More
    The NFL informed clubs Tuesday that projections for the 2020 salary cap are in the range of $196.8 million to $201.2 million, a source told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

This marks a 40% increase from five years ago in the 2015 season ($143.3 million) and is anticipated to be the seventh consecutive year the cap is projected to climb more than $10 million per club year over year.

The cap for the first year of the current CBA in 2011 was $120.375 million. Since 2011, the cap has increased roughly 65% and $76 million per club.

Total projected player costs, including benefits, will be more than $7.7 billion in 2020, according to Schefter.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

So with the cap rollover the Eagles should be sitting at around 220 million cap number (if you assume 197 cap). Top 51 is at 183. So that should give them about 37 million in cap space.

Starting Needs
    1. Safety (Mcloud is a FA)
    2. Cornerback (Mills and Darby are free agents)
    3 Slot Receiver (Agholor gone, could already have it in Ward)
    4. Linebacker (Kamu is a FA)
    5. Punter (Cam Johnson is a EFA)

Lots of holes to fill. 10 draft picks plus 37 million should get it done. But Howie has to hit more than misses this offseason. If he has the same offseason as last we are in trouble.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Couple things.
      Every team has to have more hits than misses so I'm on board that Howie needs to hit this draft and this FA period.
      This is why Wentz' contract was a back breaker.
      Better add in some dead money cause I think the birds are going to unload someone unexpected. Jeffrey????
      I think Johnson will be easy. KGH is one of the versatile guys but easily replaced; if not he won't be an expensive signing.
      THEY NEED a top flight WR and top flight CB. Not sure who will be available in FA but they need to look there and then look to the draft for whatever position the don't get.
      Finally, use the rest of the season to see what Ward, Scott (KR), JJAW, et al are gong to give you next year
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Couple things.
        Every team has to have more hits than misses so I'm on board that Howie needs to hit this draft and this FA period.
        Better add in some dead money cause I think the birds are going to unload someone unexpected. Jeffrey????
        I think Johnson will be easy. KGH is one of the versatile guys but easily replaced; if not he won't be an expensive signing.
        THEY NEED a top flight WR and top flight CB. Not sure who will be available in FA but they need to look there and then look to the draft for whatever position the don't get.
        Finally, use the rest of the season to see what Ward, Scott (KR), JJAW, et al are gong to give you next year

Was or wasn't?
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Couple things.
          There's not much of a choice with Ward and Sega LOL. Who else do we have? Scot already has you, me and the Giants convinced. That kind of speed and second gear are tough to find.

Comment

Sorry wasn't is what I thought I wrote. My guess is they will have to bring someone up from the PS or snatch someone from another PS. They certainly can give a roster spot if Jeffrey is indeed done
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Sorry wasn't is what I thought I wrote. My guess is they will have to bring someone up from the PS or snatch someone from another PS. They certainly can give a roster spot if Jeffrey is indeed done
              We might have seen Alshon's last game in Philly. Cega was drafted to replace him and as you pointed out prove that he's got the potential to do it.

Comment

He will be expensive to let go but IF, and I say IF, there is truth to the reporting that Carson doesn't have a good vibe with him I expect them to suck it up and live with the cap hit.
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

He will be expensive to let go but IF, and I say IF, there is truth to the reporting that Carson doesn't have a good vibe with him I expect them to suck it up and live with the cap hit.
                  I hear all of that stuff ND but I really don't believe it. They are both good guys so I think that it's all really overblown. I guess that I was just following up the Cega conversation and hopefully he plays so good that it might be a possibility if he plays his ass off.

Comment

Working...
                  X