Snakebiten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakebiten

I am not sure where it started with these major issues on the run to glory for this team but its amazing how history repeats itself. There have been three teams other than this year and the 1980 team (which I think overachieved) Who I honestly thought would win the Super Bowl.

1988 - Eagles are an excellent team with the Ultimate weapon at QB and a defense that had not been seen in football for some time. The Keith Jackson drops a football in the end zone (He was sure handed all year) and then the Gods reined down Fog on us. Eagles lose a game they should have won.

1991 - The preseason favorite for the Super Bowl, one of the best defense in the history of football but they lose the Ultimate Weapon in game 1, Backup Jim MacMahon plays but ultimately he goes down hurt to.

2004- Terrell Owens gives the Eagles a dynamic they have not had, adding him to Westbrook McNabb and Chad Lewis and an excellent defense we are on our way to the Super Bowl , Then Owens gets hurt, Lewis gets hurt in the Championship game and McNabb Threw up. The Patriots get away with Cheating and win the Super Bowl

2005 - Super Bowl hangover, Owens loses his shit, McNabb gets a sports hernia and they don't sniff the super bowl again during the McNabb years.

Fast forward to this year:
    2017 - Sproles goes down early, Then Peters, then Hicks, then Sturgis, then Maragos and while the Eagles were able to cover for them to a point, losing Wentz is the ultimate football gods FU to us. Not only does this hurt 2017 but 2018 also as even if Wentz is back in time for the start of the year he won't be back at full strength until 2019
    Last edited by taz; 12-12-2017, 10:51 AM.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

1991, not 1990
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
      1991, not 1990
      Good catch.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        I am not sure where it started with these major issues on the run to glory for this team but its amazing how history repeats itself. There have been three teams other than this year and the 1980 team (which I think overachieved) Who I honestly thought would win the Super Bowl.

1988 - Eagles are an excellent team with the Ultimate weapon at QB and a defense that had not been seen in football for some time. The Keith Jackson drops a football in the end zone (He was sure handed all year) and then the Gods reined down Fog on us. Eagles lose a game they should have won.

1991 - The preseason favorite for the Super Bowl, one of the best defense in the history of football but they lose the Ultimate Weapon in game 1, Backup Jim MacMahon plays but ultimately he goes down hurt to.

2004- Terrell Owens gives the Eagles a dynamic they have not had, adding him to Westbrook McNabb and Chad Lewis and an excellent defense we are on our way to the Super Bowl , Then Owens gets hurt, Lewis gets hurt in the Championship game and McNabb Threw up. The Patriots get away with Cheating and win the Super Bowl

2005 - Super Bowl hangover, Owens loses his shit, McNabb gets a sports hernia and they don't sniff the super bowl again during the McNabb years.

Fast forward to this year:
        2017 - Sproles goes down early, Then Peters, then Hicks, then Sturgis, then Maragos and while the Eagles were able to cover for them to a point, losing Wentz is the ultimate football gods FU to us. Not only does this hurt 2017 but 2018 also as even if Wentz is back in time for the start of the year he won't be back at full strength until 2019
        That's all???? I'd settle for this in a heartbeat taz. You must be a youngster.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Well that was a fun read.....................................NOT!

Comment

1992 - didn’t we start 8-1 and had the #1 Defense in the league and Byron Evans breaks his leg?

1993 - Randall at jets Eric Allen game

Jerome Brown dies in a car accident although God rest his soul you could make the case that he got what he deserved unfortunately. And yes I know how young nephew was in the car.

2002 - Troy Vincent destroys his groin heading into St Louis for MFC title game

2004 - Brian Westbrook injury
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

The curse wins.

It always wins.

Surprised we're not used to it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                The curse wins.

It always wins.

Surprised we're not used to it by now.
                I am! Have been for a while, unfortunately. I don't get pissed anymore, a numbing feeling comes over me now instead of anger. I sit there, nod my head and say, yep that's seems about right.
                Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Well, at least the pressure of being the NFC favorite is off us

The only good news, if there is any, is that Howie has built a roster that should be very competitive for the next 3 to 4 seasons. So, we can't have these kinds of injuries every year, can we ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post

The only good news, if there is any, is that Howie has built a roster that should be very competitive for the next 3 to 4 seasons. So, we can't have these kinds of injuries every year, can we ?
                    Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      Why not?
                      Heck, even the Cubs eventually broke their multiple curses.

My one huge concern is something catastrophic happening to Wentz. It doesn't have to be Jerome Brown bad, but career ending. The man is so big, strong, smart and talented that I really feel he is going to win a Super Bowl unless something awful happens.

Comment

Heck, even the Cubs eventually broke their multiple curses.

My one huge concern is something catastrophic happening to Wentz. It doesn't have to be Jerome Brown bad, but career ending. The man is so big, strong, smart and talented that I really feel he is going to win a Super Bowl unless something awful happens.
                        You mean like being on the Eagles roster?
                        Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Pliny;315900]Heck, even the Cubs eventually broke their multiple curses.

Does that man we have to wait another 40 years for a SB? I'll take it, but I won't be around to see it.

Comment

Did you really just ask that?
                            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                            X