Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love This Fucking Team

next up

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Doug and Jenks doing their best to rally the troops. We need to be fired up Sunday because the bastards from NY will think it's the SB.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

shit like this makes teams tougher. Keep on spanking them, one week at a time.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Watch Frank Reich’s press conference. He knows a thing or two about coming in as a back up.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          Watch Frank Reich’s press conference. He knows a thing or two about coming in as a back up.
          It was one of the reasons I was really excited about Reich coming on the staff. He was a career backup who came in and has come from behind to win games in the past- at Buffalo and Maryland. His services were going to be needed at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
            It was one of the reasons I was really excited about Reich coming on the staff. He was a career backup who came in and has come from behind to win games in the past- at Buffalo and Maryland. His services were going to be needed at some point.
            I listen to all of Schwartz and Reich’s press conferences. Reich really impresses me. I would not be surprised if he gets a head coaching job before Schwartz.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

don't know if it's important to Reich at this point in his life or not, but he is 90 miles from home right now. I hope it is a consideration at this point. Having the most players in the league under contract till 2020 is pretty cool, I hope we don't need a new staff every season

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                I listen to all of Schwartz and Reich’s press conferences. Reich really impresses me. I would not be surprised if he gets a head coaching job before Schwartz.
                I actually think there’s a defensive coordinator out there who can do a better job with the Eagles talent than Schwartz. I also think if Defilippo goes, Groh could be QB coach.

Comment

if we don't see a monster breakout game from Ajayi against a terrible NY Giant defense I don't know if we ever will.

Comment

The guy is averaging 7 YPC, not sure he can break out a lot more. Giving him the ball all day is not what they have been doing, doubt they will change that. I would prefer that they give each back 7-10 carries and they each have 50-70 yards. We win 99% of the time if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      The guy is averaging 7 YPC, not sure he can break out a lot more. Giving him the ball all day is not what they have been doing, doubt they will change that. I would prefer that they give each back 7-10 carries and they each have 50-70 yards. We win 99% of the time if that happens.
                      I'd like to see Ajayi get Blount's carries myself. In fact I'd like to see Blount phased out. Ajayi gives you the same thing IMO and has breakaway capabilities.

Comment

Blount is still of value to them IMO. They need to run straight up running plays with him. As an ex fullback, someone with the ability to flat out hurt someone with the ball in their hands is a great thing for an offense. I still say that we can use each of their skill sets and style to win this thing. At this point in the season they are all fairly fresh and should something happen we still have Littledick in the wings and he is averaging almost 4 YPC too. Keep them all warmed up and ready to go.

Comment

Blount is still of value to them IMO. They need to run straight up running plays with him. As an ex fullback, someone with the ability to flat out hurt someone with the ball in their hands is a great thing for an offense. I still say that we can use each of their skill sets and style to win this thing. At this point in the season they are all fairly fresh and should something happen we still have Littledick in the wings and he is averaging almost 4 YPC too. Keep them all warmed up and ready to go.

You're right in that It's tough to argue with success MM
                          . I'll say this about why I'm disappointed about Blount. I have yet to see him make his own hole and I think that's what he was brought here to do. I'd rather have Ajayi or Clement in short yardage situations to tell you the truth. I'm not saying that Blount is terrible, but I think that Clement is a much more Complete back with some explosion too. I was disappointed to see Ajayi drop that pass Sunday so maybe Blount might be the better receiver of the two.

Comment

we seem to be more reliant on the trap block, I get it, we have 4 offensive linemen(not sold on LG) and a TE who are very good at it, the problem being it takes time to develop. IMO we need to run more straight on drive blocking with Blount primarily and on short yardage specifically.

Comment

we seem to be more reliant on the trap block, I get it, we have 4 offensive linemen(not sold on LG) and a TE who are very good at it, the problem being it takes time to develop. IMO we need to run more straight on drive blocking with Blount primarily and on short yardage specifically.
                              Kelce was blowing off the ball on the QB sneak on Sunday which was impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X