Depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth

every time someone discusses positions on this team they remark about home deep those positions are. Other than the LB corps, I've heard someone say they might be one of the deepest teams in the league at every other position. I'm getting stoked. Tomorrow might be one of the most watched preseason games in resent history.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Depth is so important in this league. It is an injury filled game; not only those that are season ending but also those that are nagging. The ability to give a guy a few plays off and not lose a hell of a lot is pure gold Jerry.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

If Wentz, Peters, Cox, Jenkins, Kielce or any other major starter plays, I’ll be pissed.

I’m sick of the WIP guys like Gilio telling me this defense is not as good as people think as if Longs retirement and Bennett leaving are going to turn that group to shit.

Comment

It's nice to have all of the names fellas but it doesn't mean anything unless they can put it all together. Heck, even CLEVELAND is talking Super Bowl with everybody that they added to their roster. I'm always stoked to watch our Birds play!!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
          If Wentz, Peters, Cox, Jenkins, Kielce or any other major starter plays, I’ll be pissed.

I’m sick of the WIP guys like Gilio telling me this defense is not as good as people think as if Longs retirement and Bennett leaving are going to turn that group to shit.
          In my opinion this has a chance to be the best defense that Schwartz has had in Philly. The reason why is I think he may have the corners who can play it. If iF IF IF IF Sidney Jones is finally healthy he can be a difference maker. Along with Maddox and a healthy Darby that is a good not great but good corner group

I also think our defensive line is going to feast this year. Having Jackson inside is huge, they can't double team everyone.

Health is always a factor but I think the defense is going to be pretty good this year.

Also, I think the offense will control the ball a little more this year because we are so much better at the RB position. That will keep the defense a little more fresh.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I am really pumped tor this team this year! My biggest concern is Sudfeld. Carson has to stay healthy this year - ALL year! I read that he undertook a training program to help avoid soft tissue injuries - something he never did before. If he can show us that he can stay on the field, he can turn into a beast. If he misses time again this season we had better hope Suds is as good as advertised. We have a fantastic team with a lot of excellent backups. Lets hope QB is not a position we need to worry about!
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
              I am really pumped tor this team this year! My biggest concern is Sudfeld. Carson has to stay healthy this year - ALL year! I read that he undertook a training program to help avoid soft tissue injuries - something he never did before. If he can show us that he can stay on the field, he can turn into a beast. If he misses time again this season we had better hope Suds is as good as advertised. We have a fantastic team with a lot of excellent backups. Lets hope QB is not a position we need to worry about!
              I think that most teams are in that boat Juk. We were lucky as hell that we signed Nick and he played out of sight in the SB. Nobody saw that coming.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X