ND senator has nothing to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ND senator has nothing to do

BISMARCK, N.D. -- A North Dakota legislator is trying to muscle Roger Maris' 61-homer season back into baseball's record books because of allegations that the three players who have surpassed him did so with the help of steroids.

"If these folks are on the juice, and I believe they're on the juice, then Roger should get his record back," Sen. Joel Heitkamp said.

He's sponsoring a resolution that asks baseball commissioner Bud Selig to reinstate Maris' record of 61 home runs in 1961. A spokesman for baseball did not respond to a request for comment.

The North Dakota Senate's Education Committee, which reviewed the resolution Monday, took less than 20 minutes to recommend that the full Senate approve it.

THERE has to be something else to do.
    Gay for Brady, any day.

Dynasty

I don't see anything wrong with someone trying to interject integrity BACK into the game. MLB will never let that happen, because then you can also take away all the MVP awards, All-Star games, and so on. Pretty soon the last 15 years of Major League baseball are meaningless.
    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

There are other things to think about and put energy into, like terrorism, sexism, what the hell is there to do in North Dakota?
      Gay for Brady, any day.

Dynasty

Comment

How about they wait until the allegations are proved?
        Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Sure Bonds, Big Mac, and Sosa all did steriods!

They all did it.
          Gay for Brady, any day.

Dynasty

Comment

Working...
          X