Positive or negative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive or negative?

What are your feeling about this coming season?

I am cautiously positive. I think the loss of TO will help with the LR. He will be missed on the field but we can overcome that. Brown-LJ-Westy is a pretty damn good 1-2-3 punch. If Gaffney can provide at least 700yds and 4 or 5 TD's the offense will be pretty damn good. AR needs to balance the pass/run ratio a little bit too.

The defense was pretty good against the run but horrid getting to the QB. If they can get the pressure this year I think our D will be fine. IMO the bad play by the LB and CB was the line not getting any pressure.

The thing that scares me the most are injuries. If the injuries pile up again we are in for another 6-10 season IMO. If they can stay healthy I can see 11-5.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

I'm looking 10/6 or 11/5. IMO, there is just too much talent on this team, not to rebound.

As I said somewhere else, if they were 6 and 10 due to lack of talent I'd be much more concerned, but IMHO, that wasn't the reason.

Comment

It's all about the defense. We can make excuses for why the offense disappeared last season, but the D was largely in tact and was simply putrid. If the additions we have made in the front 7 new generate more pressure, the DBs will benefit and we'll be right back on track. Our WRs concern me very little.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Our secondary played like crap last year without any injuries. (Forgive me if there were some.. I've been blocking out a lot of last season.) I think that had a lot to do with the lack of front line pressure too Blitz but I'm worried that Dawkins (my favorite eagle of all time) is losing a step and that doo doo and lito will both play like doo doo.

Once again, I think the key is Westbrook. We show the rest of the NFC who's boss if he stays healthy. And if LJ steps up his game to all pro levels. He needs to be as good as Alge Crumpler if not at Gates/Gonzo levels.

By the way, I'm moving this thread to the Eagles Fans only forum and adding Blitz to the mix.
        Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Working...
        X