No announcement yet.

Root for Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umm FD... we're not on the team. I would never suggest that any of the players tank it.

But as fans, we can take the long view... if you must make a combat analogy... we can lose the battle to win the war, yes?

Comment

This thread gets a big -1.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        umm FD... we're not on the team. I would never suggest that any of the players tank it.

But as fans, we can take the long view... if you must make a combat analogy... we can lose the battle to win the war, yes?
        Nah SF, my view has always been screw the pencil pushers. They never went into combat, they lived fat and easy with their theories about how to win. They didn't know bleep! I know too many who died because of that attitude. But this is football, and you know I have been outspoken in my dislike for the negadelphians wherever they may be. They may have some good points, just as the advantages of packing it in this week are also obvious, still you can't give up. You have to hang in and fight. That is my basic motivation, has been for 60 years. You want to tell me that its better now to root against my team. Can't do that, to me, it would be like rooting against my flag. Never!

Comment

Just watched teh pressers from this week...and it made me understand Vin's perspective a bit better. While it is still impossible for me to root for Dallas, change is needed. Reid, Marty, and yeah even Donovan.....they can really piss me off. Want a guy that gets it? Watch Dawk's interview instead. Damn these knuckleheads can really cheese me off!!!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
            Nah SF, my view has always been screw the pencil pushers. They never went into combat, they lived fat and easy with their theories about how to win. They didn't know bleep! I know too many who died because of that attitude. But this is football, and you know I have been outspoken in my dislike for the negadelphians wherever they may be. They may have some good points, just as the advantages of packing it in this week are also obvious, still you can't give up. You have to hang in and fight. That is my basic motivation, has been for 60 years. You want to tell me that its better now to root against my team. Can't do that, to me, it would be like rooting against my flag. Never!

But if TB has already won... the Eagles can't win anything but ONE game. And so, my point is... do you want to win ONE game... or do you want to see what's behind door #2?

It's fine if you want to win one game but door #2 might lead to the promised land.

Comment

But if TB has already won... the Eagles can't win anything but ONE game. And so, my point is... do you want to win ONE game... or do you want to see what's behind door #2?

It's fine if you want to win one game but door #2 might lead to the promised land.
              I already know what's behind door #2, more of the same. Whatever changes are made in the off season won't be base on that one game. However, the joy of knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs can last a lifetime.

You can try and rationalize it all you want, but your still asking us to go against are base beliefs and root for the Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                I already know what's behind door #2, more of the same. Whatever changes are made in the off season won't be base on that one game. However, the joy of knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs can last a lifetime.
                How do you know what's behind door #2? Door #2 is the great unknown.

Do you think the chances of a change is LESS with a win over the Cowboys?
                Last edited by sfphillyfan; 12-26-2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

How do you know what's behind door #2? Door #2 is the great unknown.

Do you think the changes of a change is LESS with a win over the Cowboys?
                  I just firmly believe that whatever decisions will or won't be made, has already been made. Winning or losing in Dallas won't affect that.

Comment

I don't see 8-7-1 versus 9-6-1 as a big tipping point between "major change" and "same old same old." I'd think that it'll have more to do with whether we make the playoffs or not.

9 wins, make playoffs: less change...with the age of some of our guys, some change really will happen no matter what

8 or 9 wins, but miss the playoffs: some change....some players go, Reid officially gets hot seat for having three out of last four seasons out of playoffs. We did tie the Bengals and lose games to the Bears and Redskins, right?

Heck, aren't there some fans who think that booing and grousing has no impact on the team's performance anyway?
                    Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 12-26-2008, 11:11 PM.
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

How about 2nd place in the division vs last place?

You never know what the tipping point is.

And... if you want to use that terminology... we know that a win vs the cowboys won't move you further along the plank.
                      Last edited by sfphillyfan; 12-26-2008, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I would rather walk away from the Eagles and never watch another game again than go for the Cowpukes over the Eagles.

I doubt we make the playoffs anyway so might as well eliminate Dallas.

Reid is not being fired. Change is coming. But I don't think we are going to like it much.
                        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

"Damn, Sf done lost his mind!".
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

I want Reid gone as head coach. That said, I'd rather he get a 20 year extension than cheer for the pukes to EVER beat the Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                              I would rather walk away from the Eagles and never watch another game again than go for the Cowpukes over the Eagles.

I doubt we make the playoffs anyway so might as well eliminate Dallas.

Reid is not being fired. Change is coming. But I don't think we are going to like it much.
                              Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                              "Damn, Sf done lost his mind!".
                              Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                              I want Reid gone as head coach. That said, I'd rather he get a 20 year extension than cheer for the pukes to EVER beat the Eagles!

This.

Comment

Get rid of Reid? Who do you want to replace him? Marty?, How about Mora? I heard that Jim Fassel is looking for a job.

Do you really think there's a line of coaches who are better? Maybe Cowher, but the Steeler fans were looking to rid of him after a couple of bad years 1998 - 2000 (oh btw it took him 13 years to win a SB).

Sorry, I don't agree. Its easy to blame the coach and in some of the game this year it was partially Reids fault, but Reid didn't:

miss a handoff to Westbrook against Dallas
                                miss two FG's or miss two blocks on the goal line against Chicago
                                have a defense meltdown that couldn't stop the run against Washington
                                Giants game on Reid
                                Bengals game on Reid - McNabb
                                Baltimore was a meltdown - you blame the coach but it was a team effort
                                Redskins - it Jackson or Samuels catches balls they should catch, there's no discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X