Sometimes I think Bison is President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes I think Bison is President

"Throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart," tweeted Trump. "Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

yea but have you seen how safe commercial airline travel was this year
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

This guy tops Yogi Berra. Maybe he'll do an AFLAC commercial.

Comment

I see people in Colorado are having problems getting into the VA and now they are investigating. Of course.......

Signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the Department of Veterans Affairs to fire failing employees and establish safeguards to protect whistleblowers.
        Signed the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act.
        Signed the Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act, to provide support.
        Signed the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 to authorize $2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program.
        Created a VA hotline.
        Had the VA launch an online “Access and Quality Tool,” providing veterans with a way to access wait time and quality of care data.
        With VA Secretary Dr. David Shulkin, announced three initiatives to expand access to healthcare for veterans using telehealth technology.

hahahahaha. All of the above is crap. Trump will find the same difficulty in reforming the VA that Bush found and Obama found. Hell he appointed a nut, an absolute nut, to the National Security Council, and at the time the bobbleheads all thought it was great. A year later the guy is persona non grata in the white house and lost his job as CEO of Breitbart.
        Until two parties work together to truly help the country it doesn't change.
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Well he's trying with this DACA legislation by having both parties sit down in the White House and work something out and he promised to sign whatever they come up with. CNN and FOX immediately ripped him for it!!! What a bunch of assholes.

Comment

Agree. Said from day one that he has a chance to have a very successful presidency. And I think he still does. He has to be willing to tell the far right and the far left to go to hell. Lobby the congressmen and congresswomen that he wants to support his position rather than just his party.
            No different than any other president.
            FOX and CNN each have their far right and far left agenda. They are talk shows not journalists. Hell they are no different than the View IMM.
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Agree. Said from day one that he has a chance to have a very successful presidency. And I think he still does. He has to be willing to tell the far right and the far left to go to hell. Lobby the congressmen and congresswomen that he wants to support his position rather than just his party.
              No different than any other president.
              FOX and CNN each have their far right and far left agenda. They are talk shows not journalists. Hell they are no different than the View IMM.

I really never thought of it that way. To tell you the truth I saw the bitches that they had on there one day and I lasted 5 minutes and that was it and never knew what that show was about. The only reason that I do is that I see clips on FOX once in awhile. The respected whore Barbra WAAWAA used to drive me nuts when I was 12 years old. What a joke she was with her women's right crap as she spread her flippers all the way to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Well he's trying with this DACA legislation by having both parties sit down in the White House and work something out and he promised to sign whatever they come up with. CNN and FOX immediately ripped him for it!!! What a bunch of assholes.
                There are unquestionably assholes speaking for all the major news outlets, but maybe..just maybe Trump is the biggest asshole of all!

In that quickly organized dog and pony show "meeting", Trump was intent on showing the world that he was stable, organized and "like, very smart". He proceeded to agree with everybody, regardless of the fact that the questions/comments from the assembled pols from both sides of the isle were often in direct opposition to the person(s) who had spoken immediately before them. Witness, Diane Feinstein (sp?) from CA (advocated an unencumbered DACA bill, which Trump enthusiastically endorsed) followed immediately by Kevin McCarthy from CA, (who voiced vigorous opposition to a clean DACA bill, and Trump then agreed with him). He subsequently said, in effect, "I'll sign anything you send me."...an example of hard nosed negotiating and clear and inspiring leadership at it finest.

(The 'agreement' with an Fienstein's unencumbered DACA drew such withering criticism from the Right, that it was simply left out of the initial
                transcript of the dog and pony show. An oversight, I'm sure.)

Even more entertaining to me, was his call later in the day for sweeping changes to our libel laws. He wants the law(s) changed to make it easier to punish/sue people who knowingly 'tell lies' about others...mainly about him. It really bothers Trump when people publicly say negative things about him. This has been a complaint of his for years. Unfortunately, to his dismay, he has been consistently unsuccessful with his many law suits (for libel and slander) but now that he's in charge, he wants that to change. The obvious irony in his tunnel vision complaints is that few public figures in history have been as slanderous in their lies and distortions about others as has he.

Of course, maybe the key here is the concept of 'knowing that you're telling a lie'. In the 40 years that I have been aware of this man-child's antics, the one thing that stands out is the absolutely shameless comfort he has in telling lie after lie after lie, whether it be stunningly dishonest and transparent self-promotion or vicious, hair-trigger character assassination of others who he believes may slighted him in some way. The point being that he is so used to lying about almost anything...often with nothing really to be gained...that comes to mind that he know longer distinguishes between truth, exaggeration, partial distortion and flat out, bald face lies.

Comment

Lmao..... Glad to see that many are into the drama, the posturing, the nonsense rather than the direction the country is finally heading.

Say it again.... Stop worrying about what he sez, see what he actually does. He is not , repeat, not of the same presidential ilk as all the other politicians are. And it was one of the reasons he was elected..... "Not to be from the same mold"

Rant and rave, enjoy your emotional TDS! Me I'll watch my 401K, the stock market, the expanding economy and our turn around from being the world's doormat to start to become a world leader again.

But hey that's just me.

Comment

If I were a me first guy I would probably be lauding him too. You say watch what he does but what has he done. He did nothing for airlines yet claims their safety record while he did do stuff to change coal mining regulations yet coal mining deaths went UP last year but we didn't hear him say anything. I'm all about giving him credit for the economy being good BUT the stock market went UP about 9k points during Obama's run but you weren't happy with your 401k at that time I guess. Let's wait and see how that economy looks after 8 years. Hell Carrier announced layoffs yesterday, as they have occasionally done since their grand hiring after the election, yet we don't hear from him or you about those layoffs. Being a guy who deals with the VA on a recurring basis I have to laugh at his great accomplishments in that arena. Hell we now have a hotline. As with the vast majority of the "accomplishments" you posted in another thread it is fake news put out by him and his people. Yea the absolute nut he tried to put on the National Security Council which you don't seem to want to acknowledge was a STUPID move. Finally I have to chuckle at being a world leader again. Really. Ask our European friends about that. Tell me what he has done about N Korea. They are the country that has tested more ballistic missiles and nucs during this administration than they did others. What has he done---gone to the UN; well so did Bush and Obama. Sanctions? So did Bush and Obama. Result--history tells us that the result is the N Koreans do this and then agree to talk and get some kind of relief. Is that any different than we have seen this year---Nope. But they aren't even talking to the US they are talking SOLELY to the S Koreans.
                    But keep believing the fake news that he puts out. Because he believes if you say it enough people who don't put any effort into it will believe it. But hey that's just me
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Yeah that is me--- I don't really put any effort into it---- Your the one that worries about what he sez, Worrying about some stupid airline claim that makes no difference in anybodies life!

The rest is just more left wing propaganda--- this country was going to hell in a hand-basket under the Obamas. Korea? gimme a break--- the real reason we are here is because the last 3 presidents did nothing but cow tow and give NK money to promise not to get Nukes. That worked real well. Appeasement didn't work before WWII and it won't work now. That fact that many of the globalist leftist world leaders you speak of that you want to claim hate Trump is the exact reason I think his outlook is in fact working!! I see Europe crashing downhill in their attempts at world kumbai. Ask the last remaining ISIS members how Trump change the the rules of engagement (at least giving the Generals and commanders a much more free reign)... oh wait you may have to hunt for one to talk too.

As for the economy-- please you wanna wait, go ahead, I'll take my wins now and for all 8 years. If you refuse to open your eyes and see the DIRECTION this country is now heading then that's on you.... but do not ever call me uninformed or that I refuse to put effort into it!!!!!

Just because I don't see things your way --- that makes me wrong?????? Typical..... like I said it's real easy for you to sit outside both mainstream sides and nit pick .... maybe that is where the lack of "effort" comes in.
                      Last edited by MDFAN; 01-11-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

hahahahahahhahhahahah
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Damn it! Where do you get off sitting outside both main stream sides? That borders on being un-American.

Don't you realize that indiscriminately following one side or the other is what has made our federal government so effective. It's easy, maybe even lazy, for you to pick and choose which policies you'll support and which you will criticize. What the hell are you doing...actually weighing issues without prejudging them.

What if everybody behaved like you? Just how are politicians supposed to know what to think, let alone which policies to publicly support, if they can't predict ahead of time what will be popular with the voters?

Come on Man!! You better choose...and you better choose the correct side. It may not go well for you if you've chosen badly when you're stopped and asked for your papers.

(Sarcasm off)

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            Damn it! Where do you get off sitting outside both main stream sides? That borders on being un-American.

Don't you realize that indiscriminately following one side or the other is what has made our federal government so effective. It's easy, maybe even lazy, for you to pick and choose which policies you'll support and which you will criticize. What the hell are you doing...actually weighing issues without prejudging them.

What if everybody behaved like you? Just how are politicians supposed to know what to think, let alone which policies to publicly support, if they can't predict ahead of time what will be popular with the voters?

Come on Man!! You better choose...and you better choose the correct side. It may not go well for you if you've chosen badly when you're stopped and asked for your papers.

(Sarcasm off)
                            I'm thinking that you're saying that we should be independent voters I hope. Gee, what a novel thought. I've got to say that I like what he's done so far and agree with most of his policies. He's already met with more leaders in the first 11 months than any other President has in their 8 years and working out trade agreements. He's quite charming with them. Of course on the other hand his asshole self has to say something totally outrageous every other day too.

Yesterday he said "why do we have to let everybody in from these shithole countries?". Not very smart in a room full of Democrats but it is the exact same thing that is said by 90% of the country at the dinner table in this country whenever we do it.

With this new corporate tax policy one company after another is announcing pay raises and bonuses for their workers. Black unemployment is down 8%. If somebody is announcing layoffs it's not for lack of business. Technology is taking away a lot of jobs and there's nothing that we can do about that, but technology is also creating them. IMM mind I think that I'm just going to sit back and ignore the fact that the guy is an asshole and let him run the government like a business and let the country proper.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              I'm thinking that you're saying that we should be independent voters I hope. Gee, what a novel thought. I've got to say that I like what he's done so far and agree with most of his policies. He's already met with more leaders in the first 11 months than any other President has in their 8 years and working out trade agreements. He's quite charming with them. Of course on the other hand his asshole self has to say something totally outrageous every other day too.

Yesterday he said "why do we have to let everybody in from these shithole countries?". Not very smart in a room full of Democrats but it is the exact same thing that is said by 90% of the country at the dinner table in this country whenever we do it.

With this new corporate tax policy one company after another is announcing pay raises and bonuses for their workers. Black unemployment is down 8%. If somebody is announcing layoffs it's not for lack of business. Technology is taking away a lot of jobs and there's nothing that we can do about that, but technology is also creating them. IMM mind I think that I'm just going to sit back and ignore the fact that the guy is an asshole and let him run the government like a business and let the country proper.
                              Popper,

I should have addressed my post to Nodak so that it was clear that it was meant solely as a sarcastic take on another poster who called out Nodak for taking the easy path nit picking both 'mainstream sides'..."like I said it's real easy for you to sit outside both mainstream sides and nit pic". Frankly, I enjoy reading Nodak's posts. I often disagree with him, but I find his posts thoughtful and balanced.

But once again, the unavoidable communication flaws inherent with internet discussions and my own limitations as a communicator apparently lead to a misunderstanding. If we were sitting down over a couple beers I'd enjoy exploring some of your points. But we're not, so I won't.

Couple of brief points. I don't know where you get some of your information but it's different from what I'm getting. (1) The "room full of democrats" was 1 Democrat (Sen. Dick Durbin)and 6 Republican Senators and House members. (2) "the exact same thing that is said by 90% of the country at the dinner table"...that's a pretty remarkable claim. Do you have a source or is that just an opinion (3) "He's already met with more leaders in the first 11 months than any other President has in their 8 years"...Do you have any source for that other than maybe Sarah Sanders?

We are in broad agreement on your observation that he is an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                              X