Roy,Lee, Hamels ,Blanton and Worley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy,Lee, Hamels ,Blanton and Worley

Playing devils advocate,would anyone be interested in swapping Javiar Vasquez for Blanton in the rotation ?2011 he was 13-11 w/ 2 CG,192 IP, 162 K, 3.69 ERA,1.18 WHIP,.243 BAA. My concern is I believe he has terrible #s at CBP,but at least he makes it to the mound. I have zero faith in Joe. Vasquez is sitting at home,could probably be had for cheap and Blanton's 8 mill could be traded elsewhere if someone will have him.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    ...and Blanton's 8 mill could be traded elsewhere if someone will have him.

That's the problem. No one will take on that contract particularly when he's coming off an injury that sidelined him for most of the year. The best chance we have of moving him is if he has a solid season and we wnat to make a move at the trade deadline. Otherwise you'll see him in red pinstripes for the rest of the year.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I'm reakly sick of teams, especially my team, being burdenned by the multi-million dollar salaries of shit bum pitchers who miss extended periods with 'arm trouble'. I think I may have a sloution.

There should be a gentleman's understanding that pitchers with more than 2 years left on their contracts and who hurt their arms and are out for more than one year can 'voluntarily' offer to collect only 1/4 of their salary while they are disabled.

The 'gentleman's understanding' part is that if they don't offer to take only 1/4 of their salary, there is strong possibility that they may have a run of bad luck. Examples of the kind of totally random bad luck they might have are: they might be targeted by Islamic terrorists, disguised as Phillies' ball boys, who blow up just their house; they could be accidentally killed when a Phillies' bath room attendant accidentally loses control of his vehicle and accidentally runs over the pitcher in his own front yard when he goes out to pick up the morning paper; or a Phillies' parking lot employee, out for a day of hunting, might accidentally shoot the pitcher in the head while he lies by his pool , having mistaken him for a deer, raccoon or pheasant (whatever happens to be in season).

Just saying', these things might happen!
      Last edited by tinopuno; 02-28-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Wow! You certainly are a strange and very disturbed man tino. Just sayin'.....
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          That's the problem. No one will take on that contract particularly when he's coming off an injury that sidelined him for most of the year. The best chance we have of moving him is if he has a solid season and we wnat to make a move at the trade deadline. Otherwise you'll see him in red pinstripes for the rest of the year.
          Who would take on aging fat blanton at the trade deadline? Unless it was one of those, you HAVE to take him to get our top prospect + ... in exchange for (whatever player we think could help the team at that moment.)

Comment

No thanks to Vazquez. Blanton has thrown the ball very well this spring, a year off from throwing will probably add some zip to his fastball this year. I'd say the chances are about even to good that Blanton has a better year than Vazquez this year.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

If anyone wants to take on Blanton at the trade deadline, that means he's actually throwing and probably doing alright. That means we might as well keep him in the rotation. If Blanton has any value, he's probably more valuable to us especially with the expanded playoffs.

Comment

Working...
              X