Bobby Abreu and other ramblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Abreu and other ramblings

One question mark I feel very good about . Abreu is taking pitches and hitting the ball , drawing walks and getting on base. I have no problem with Bobby getting an occasional start and being the lefty off the bench. I liked what I saw from Brad Lincoln, too many walks and was in the game an inning longer than he should have been, but the guy has a good hard slider and lots of gas on the #1 .

If Adams and Papelbon return to form, with Diekman, Bastardo,and Lincoln the pen might be fairly decent this year.But just like the remaining parts of the team, too many IFs that need to be answered.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

We really should call the club the "What ifs"

I have no concept of what I am going to see this year. Clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      We really should call the club the "What ifs"

I have no concept of what I am going to see this year. Clueless.
      Philadelphia Phillifs
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        Philadelphia Phillifs
        Bingo ............. even if it is just you and me.

Comment

Every team has ifs associated with them. Every team every sport every level every season.
          Taking It One Game At A Time

Comment

Yea, but I think there is a question about every position this year. Not sure that there is one position I can say I am comfortable that the player will succeed.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

The more I look at this team the more doubts I have about them. There were long periods last year where they were very hard to watch. This year is shaping up to make me long for the days when they were just "hard to watch".

I heard Anthony talking on WIP about three MLB scouts who watched the Phillies this spring and basically all three thought they were laughable (or a variation thereof). Rubin has to go. This off-season has been more than terrible - it's been downright depressing!
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

And even guys who I thought were sure things going into the season (like Hamels) have been slowed down. It has been a long time since I went into a season thinking they were terrible.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Working...
                X